Preseason Thread, Summer 2022

maqroll

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a preseason as I am for this one.

Can't wait to see who else we sign and then how the players all blend together. 

It will be fascinating to see how Archer and Davis do and what headaches they might give Gerrard.

The Down Under element makes things even more juicy.

Bring it on!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

It will be fascinating to see how Archer and Davis do and what headaches they might give Gerrard.

Bring it on!

I have been, but at my age I struggle to remember when that was!:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bring it on!

Love this mate! Nice and positive. Can't wait either. 🤜🤛

• Like 3

I’m the opposite, I’m not that excited this year.  

Love the players coming in but yet to be convinced of the coaching to do something with it.

I’m hopeful though but with reservations.

Can't wait to see who else we sign

Yep this is the part I’m excited about

Assume Davis will be sold over the next month, and Archer may eventually go on loan before the window closes with Gerrard giving him a look over in preseason imo.

Bailey, McGinn, Cash, Coutinho, Archer on the scoresheet this international window. Ramsay with MOTM performances. Martinez lifting the Finalissima. Digne and Kamara starting for France.  How can you not be excited?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Bailey, McGinn, Cash, Coutinho, Archer on the scoresheet this international window. Ramsay with MOTM performances. Martinez lifting the Finalissima. Digne and Kamara starting for France.  How can you not be excited?

Thissssssss!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Do we have enough pre-season matches booked? Feel like we should split our squad in half and put out two teams to maximise squat fitness. And also so we get so see everyone and especially the youth to see who's potentially ready. 

Think we should have 10 pre-season games minimum. 

29 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Do we have enough pre-season matches booked? Feel like we should split our squad in half and put out two teams to maximise squat fitness. And also so we get so see everyone and especially the youth to see who's potentially ready. 

In a month? Season starts early remember and quite a few players haven’t had much of a break because of internationals. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I'm sure they know what they're doing both technically and commercially 

They can do what you are suggesting at BMH away from prying eyes and without all the fuss that comes with playing a formal friendly 

We played Brentford a few times behind closed doors last season didn't we? I'm sure we've done it this calendar year during either the winter break or an international break 

59 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

squat-weight-lifting.gif

• Haha 2

On 13/06/2022 at 23:46, maqroll said:

Bring it on!

Like always can't wait for the season to start.

Can't say I'm overly excited about our prospects for next season. Struggling to see anything other than more of the same.

On 13/06/2022 at 23:46, maqroll said:

Bring it on!

Fresh slate, new signings etc and all the media content out today it’s great. Also really excited to see the impact Neil critchley could have 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Lots of Morgan

Morgan x Ings with some nice understanding.

Nakamba had a fair bit of airtime too.

The players not there.. did they all have a part in late internationals?

Â