Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Lets say you are in a room, and you want to attract the dalai lamas attention, is dalai you shout?

I believe he calls himself Daz. Dazzer. Down the Barton Arms. 

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Folk wanting Bicks stories made me think we could have a drop off point for our brushes with the famous.

I've obviously got some absolute doozies. Everyone from Isla St Clair to Rita Chakrabarti. But I'll kick off with a topical one, Will Self.

Me and my boss were walking through that London en route to a meeting. Coming the other way, Will Self. For no obvious reason I got eye contact with WS and he did that minimal eyebrow flick and a mumbled 'hi'.

The boss spotted it and asked if I knew him. I said no.

A week later and the same happened again, except WS was with a huddle of people and he gave a pronounced nod and audible 'hi' at me, sort of waving a coffee cup in my direction.

The boss is now convinced I know Will Self but for some reason won't tell him how I know him.

(I guess WS either does that as a random thing, or he vaguely knows someone that vaguely looks like me, or he enjoys mind games)

Edited by chrisp65

At the risk of making this thread about Will Self (I’m sure there’s an onanism joke In there somewhere), I once had the misfortune of being seated at a table adjacent to him in a restaurant. He regaled his table (I’m presuming it was wife, nanny and an assortment of kids) and the whole restaurant with self-aggrandising stories throughout in the loudest shouty voice he could muster  

Utterly repellant human being. The maitre-d even apologised to us for his boorish behaviour once he’d left. 

I will have to reasses my opinion of @chrisp65 now that I know they’re best friends. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, if it's too similar a thread then I guess the blue meanies can just merge it / disappear it. Not a prob.

In the meantime, I've met and chatted with international movie and musical bloke Jonathan Price. He was trapped in a lift with me and I was pissed and repeatedly called him Robert.

I was trying to stop him bitchin' about politics threads and he just pointed out this was a doubler.

There's just no pleasing him anymore.

I'm gonna drop a sad picture in the phunnays just to piss him off.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I was trying to stop him bitchin' about politics threads and he just pointed out this was a doubler.

Can you make it picture of Mike Tyson looking sad?

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I once had a piss in the urinal next to hadji kachloul and some Coventry player with longish hair (Shaw??) In spearmint rhino 

Hadji was great, really nice bloke, kachloul didn't appreciate being spotted in there

There is only one Cov player with long hair worth talking about. 

Brian-Kilcline-920023.jpg

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I once had a piss in the urinal next to hadji kachloul and some Coventry player with longish hair (Shaw??) In spearmint rhino 

Hadji was great, really nice bloke, kachloul didn't appreciate being spotted in there

Me and @blandyhad a conversation with Mark Draper in the toilets at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool. It was a gig but I forget which one, Bjork, Interpol, Editors, can't remember (my hunch is Interpol)

Â