Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

I bet they didn't even notice it was gone.

Kings of Leon gave me and some friends a nice big chunk of bud (back when I used to smoke).

I doubt I'd be here today if they'd found out. 

Oscar from Qcean Colour Scene lives on the road where I grew up (Short Heath area) Won't name the road as I believe he's still there . Now and again you'd see the bus pick him and his drums up.  Really nice guy.

6 minutes ago, jim said:

I met Johnny Briggs in Abbey bank in Erdington when I was about 7.

Might have done this one before. Back in the 80's, I was working with a band that was recording a couple of songs for a Granada TV show at Granada Studios. They were filming Corrie in the Studio opposite. I was hanging about in the corridor having a ciggie and up walks Jack Duckworth completely in character and ponces a ciggie and light off me, not a flicker of him being Bill Tarmey (?) in our whole 5 min conversation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Might have done this one before. Back in the 80's, I was working with a band that was recording a couple of songs for a Granada TV show at Granada Studios. They were filming Corrie in the Studio opposite. I was hanging about in the corridor having a ciggie and up walks Jack Duckworth completely in character and ponces a ciggie and light off me, not a flicker of him being Bill Tarmey (?) in our whole 5 min conversation

His on-screen missus, Vera (Liz Dawn) was Lady Mayoress of Leeds at one point, and everyone who met her confirmed that she wasn't acting - she was exactly like Vera. 

Sue Nicholls (Audrey Roberts), on the other hand, is extremely posh (despite coming from Walsall). 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought you were Welsh?

We did this in the recent Semi-Finals thread FWIW

Only in an adopted sense and that I've probably now lived here in various places more than I've lived in England in various places. Moved about a lot over the years. But Om a yam yam reeallyy. From Walsall ay I.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think I stood near Frank Lebeouf at a gig the other day, but I'm not sure.  He was definitely bald, white and a similar build to him.

Well, bald white men in their 50s are very rare. Must have been him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Xann said:

Been invited to meet the Dalai Lama twice.

He wasn't in on either occasion.

He drinks in the Barton Arms, you could have tried there. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

He drinks in the Barton Arms, you could have tried there. 

It would have been dryer.

It came about from watching two quite ungainly girls struggling down a muddy slope with a stack of plates.

One fell, covering herself with goo but saving the plates.

Enough entertainment. My friend and I took the food and these two dumpy Scottish girls led us into the Dalai Lama's tent.

He wasn't in.

We were to come back the next day for a blessing.

He wasn't in.

We were introduced to the sand mandala gang :D

Â