Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

Another one of my rubbish claims to fame was when me an the Mrs had a night at the Raddison in Birmingham a few years back. Blackburn were staying at the hotel, they were playing Wolves the next day. Anyway, we was in the bar when one of the players, (Jason Roberts) starts chatting my Mrs up when I was getting the drinks in. I came back over an he said " sorry is this your Mrs, fair play, we are the Blackburn rovers team", I said yeah I know, 2-0 Wolves tomorrow see ya later, an dragged the Mrs away.

Some more rubbish claims to fame that i have remembered.

I used to work with some relatives of famous people. First up was Terry Venables cousin sadly now deceased, and then later on the Aunt of Anglo/German footballer Lewis Holtby.

My Mum and Dad used to know a guy who worked for Clint Eastwood and raced motorbikes against Clint around his ranch. Apparently he always used to beat Clint, so Clint had him written into one of his films (Magnum Force) so that he could shoot him and beat him.

Recently, I was in New York with the Wife. It was during the big snow storm in January. We had gone to celebrate my 40th birthday and our 10th Wedding anniversary. We got to our hotel dumped our stuff and went for a quick walk around Time Square. Then as the Snow started to fall, we wandered back to our hotel and who should come out of the theatre near our hotel, non other than Bruce Willis. That was pretty cool, seeing Bruce Willis in NY with snow falling. It was like a combination of Die Hard movies all in one. He was starring in Misery at the theatre across the road from where we stayed. There was quite a crowd of people so we didn't get too close unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2016 at 21:34, foreveryoung said:

Another one of my rubbish claims to fame was when me an the Mrs had a night at the Raddison in Birmingham a few years back. Blackburn were staying at the hotel, they were playing Wolves the next day. Anyway, we was in the bar when one of the players, (Jason Roberts) starts chatting my Mrs up when I was getting the drinks in. I came back over an he said " sorry is this your Mrs, fair play, we are the Blackburn rovers team", I said yeah I know, 2-0 Wolves tomorrow see ya later, an dragged the Mrs away.

Lee Hendrie did the same to me with an ex. Only he was more of a word removed about it. 

• Like 1

Alexander Armstrong (host of Pointless) was on my train the other day, the 6:28 Moor Street to London. He got on at Banbury. 

8 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Alexander Armstrong (host of Pointless) was on my train the other day, the 6:28 Moor Street to London. He got on at Banbury. 

Which reminds me of the time the antique dealer from bargain hunt that looks a bit like Miss Piggy sat next to me on a train.

Which reminds me that my mate Rob is auditioning for Bargain Hunt this weekend with his mum.  He has a mohawk and a huge triangular beard so I'm guessing they will have him on the show because he's so funny looking. :D

On 15/06/2016 at 10:05, Paddywhack said:

I think I've mentioned this one before but it's worth repeating.

I saw Gordon Grimley on New Street.

I saw Joe McGann walking past New St Odeon at the height of his 'fame', 

I walked past George Clark (I didn't actually know this was his name but I recognised him as being in some home restoration show) last summer. He was walking up Hill Street in town.

That's also reminded me I was stood next to an England international rugby player at Cheltenham a few years ago, in the Guinness Village. Haven't a clue who he was but everyone else seemed to. Not one of the immediately recognisable guys , and if nobody had told me he was famous I'd never have known, he was dressed like a sometime who'd just been working in the garden and had gone for a pint.

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

I walked past George Clark (I didn't actually know this was his name but I recognised him as being in some home restoration show) last summer. He was walking up Hill Street in town.

He looks like a heavy drinker to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Was stood next to Peter Reid on a train into Waterloo on Thursday.

He was with a blonde, younger than him but not excessively so.

Thought it was just a lookalike, until he starting cussing after he'd cocked up his crossword.

Â