Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter's partner's auntie is the mayor of Otley. Close the thread.

I once worked in Otley and was informed it has the most pubs per m2 than any other town in the country. 

Lichfield has a lot of pubs within the city centre. Not as many as 23 but enough to have a Worlds End style crawl

Also, I'm sure Broad St (aka the Golden Mile) at the height of its popularity 10-15 years ago had a similar claim like the most bars on a single street/road

I tweeted Charles N'Zogbia when he was in Dubai recommending the bar I was in. This was just before he signed for Villa and he turned up with a mate. Told me he was signing for us, which I reported on here. Seemed like good times. :(

My parents used to live just off Sir Alfred's Way in Sutton Coldfield and Dwight Yorke was a neighbour. This was at the time when him and Bosnich made the front page of The Sun after a sex tape was found in his rubbish bin. Bozzie wore a dress IIRC. The corner of our house made it into the papers.

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I went to school with Emma Griffiths (now Emma Willis). I saw her in Mere Green a couple of years after we left school, an gave her a lift home. She left her gloves in my car. I didn't think she would be bothered, but she got my number from some friends an called me to see if I could drop them round her parents house, which I duly obliged.

impersonating rj64

dhutwu

54 minutes ago, Risso said:

Wayne Routledge (yes, *THE* Wayne Routledge) favourited one of my tweets the other day.

Steve Froggatt once DM'd me on Twitter to say 'lol' after I made a joke. 

• Like 1

A couple of years ago I stayed in the same hotel as the villa team (village hotel in Hull)

after we had checked in I saw Delph and Tony moon getting into a lift and said hello. Me,  my wife and son went down for some grub later and as my wife was ordering I took my lad across to reception and asked if the team was in the hotel. It turns out they had booked the whole of the top floor and were currently in the conference room about to finish up and go to there rooms. Like an excited schoolboy I ran up with my lad and asked 2 waitresses who were in charge of a murder mystery weekend in the hall next door to take some photos. 

The players started trickling out and I had photos,chat etc with most of them barring Westwood, benteke (injured and in Belgium) and lambert. They all came across really well notably albrighton, Vlarr, Bacuna and sylla (although he tried to run off!) 

i was there for ages and realised I had my wife's phone in my pocket and worried (slightly) that I would be in bother but like a trainspotter getting that elusive locomotive I need to get my photo collection complete .

I hung around waiting for Lambo but my wife then came upstairs and saw me chatting to these 2 young waitresses and tore a strip off me telling me my food was stone cold and the night ruined. I tried to protest but she didn't believe me until I showed her the pictures! 

All was forgiven the next day and I saw Guzan at breakfast and asked him to hold my boy whilst I took a photo- I then told him I changed my mind in case he dropped him!

we didn't go to the game, opting to visit the deep (sea life centre) instead ,good job really as it was the 0-0 draw which definitely wouldn't have built any bridges with the wife or encourage my son to support villa! 

I saw Jimmy White acting like a right word removed in a Hong Kong hotel reception because his car was a few minutes late picking him up.

Swindon Town FC trained at my school during a normal school day in the one season they were in the Premier League. They were stopping at a nearby hotel (Ramada Penns Lane I think) and the headmaster informed us during reception that day that Swindon would be using our football pitches to train and not to disturb them, As you would expect we spent the lunch hour shouting at them and not giving them their balls back when they came in our direction. Villa beat them 5-0 the next day.

On 11/06/2016 at 15:18, foreveryoung said:

I went to school with Emma Griffiths (now Emma Willis). I saw her in Mere Green a couple of years after we left school, an gave her a lift home. She left her gloves in my car. I didn't think she would be bothered, but she got my number from some friends an called me to see if I could drop them round her parents house, which I duly obliged.

She left those gloves on purpose, so she had an excuse to get your number so you'd shag her.

Missed opportunity.

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

She left those gloves on purpose, so she had an excuse to get your number so you'd shag her.

Missed opportunity.

I thought that, they were leather too, so it was definately either sex or murder.

• Like 1

Â