Rubbish claims to fame

GarethRDR

On 04/06/2016 at 13:16, chrisp65 said:

Dave Benson-Phillips should not be amongst the also rans.

He was by far the biggest star in the house for years. We still have three of his videos, we don't have a VCR. His work on Fun Song Factory is legend. 

Dave Benson Philips, not a word removed by any stretch, but certainly borderline, worked with him in the 90's and you would think Playdays had made him Mariah Carey. I was also on Playdays once. I have quite a lot of shit claims to fame. 

Javelin thrower Steve Backley threatened me as a kid. I once took the piss out of Roy Castle, I had to help one of the grumbleweeds tuck things away to do his impression of cher in a leotard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I had to help one of the grumbleweeds tuck things away to do his impression of cher in a leotard. 

Have you spoken to the Operation Yewtree people about this? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you spoken to the Operation Yewtree people about this? 

He had done his back in, thankfully I only had to help hoist the leoptard as he did the manhandling.

21 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Think I've just seen Matt Lowton at Seafire Restaurant at the Atlantis Hotel here in Dubai.

Rubbish enough for you?

I think it beats my Sid Owen in Thailand story

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Funnily enough, one of my best mates' brother is very good friends with Sid Owen. I'll let him know as I imagine appearing on a Villa forum is probably a claim to fame to Sid these days.

He'll be dining out on being mentioned on here for months.

• Like 1

I was once friends with Micky Dolenz's sister, I gave her a painting. I mean I literally gave her a painting, of a sail boat. I was in the middle of giving the painting to someone else and she walked in saying "Oh, is that for me?!! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! Embarrassing situation. I was too weak to say "Actually Coco, no it's not for you. Just because you are Mickey Dolenz's sister doesn't mean you can just walk in here and take a gift I was giving to someone else". Regrettably lame of me and completely destroyed my friendship with the other person.

• Like 1

Dave Benson Philips, not a word removed by any stretch, but certainly borderline, worked with him in the 90's and you would think Playdays had made him Mariah Carey. I was also on Playdays once. I have quite a lot of shit claims to fame. 

Video or GTFO

On Wednesday, June 08, 2016 at 19:40, Xela said:

I once met Sid at miss moniepennies when it was at the canal club in wolves.

Dwight Yorke was once in the queue behind me at the old Burger King kiosk at New St. I was more surprised that he was wandering around in the depths of winter in a pair of shorts and flip-flops than anything else.

Â