Retained / released list

useless

25 minutes ago, useless said:

All the players on the released list other than Ashley Young have been removed from the official site now.

But Zito, McBride, and Sewell still there, whether that's any indication that they're staying I don't know for sure.

why is young still on official site

Not sure if he's signed for them permanently but Abldeen-Goodridge is training with Reading, probably a good sign that they've invited him back after he had a trial with them towards the end of the season...

The three youngsters that weren't on the list are Caolan McBride, Patrick Zito, and Dewain Sewell. There's been no further news on them as far I'm aware, but all the released youngsters have now been removed from the official site, whereas those three are still there, but whether we can read much into that I'm not sure.

McBride was reportedly given a three year contract when he signed in 2020, so he should be with us for another season.

Zito is one of the players I thought might have been released as was allowed to go out on trial towards the end of the season.

Sewell has reached the end of his scholarship but as of yet hasn't signed a professional contract, I've no idea if he's been offered one, was top scorer for U18s last season, but club seemed reluctant to use him for the U23s, I think Birmingham Mail reported a couple of months back that he could leave and that he had interest from England and Germany.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Paul Appiah has signed Permanently for Leicester, been involved in a number of their pre-season friendlies at U21 and first team level, and has changed his instagram bio to 'LCFC'.

• Thanks 2

Dewain Sewell not released but he's been playing on trial for Kidderminster Harriers, I think he's made at least three appearance, played for them on Friday and then again tonight against a Man Utd XI, a little surprised by that as I thought if he was going to leave as rumoured it would be to another fairly high profile academy, rather than to drop into the lower leagues to play first team football, unless Kidderminster are just letting him play for them for match fitness until his scholarship with us runs out.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if he's signed for them on a permanent but Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge played for Huddersfield's B team in the week, but can probably take from that that he won't be signing for Reading.

On 10/06/2022 at 17:04, useless said:

A few players missing from that list Patrick Zito, Dewain Sewell and Caolan McBride.

These three have been removed from the official site after it was updated with the players in the new kit.

• 2 months later...
On 26/06/2022 at 11:39, useless said:

The three youngsters that weren't on the list are Caolan McBride, Patrick Zito, and Dewain Sewell.

Do we know what happened to these 3?

I thought Sewell was highly rated? 

Patrick Zito has signed for Stratford Town.

Not sure about Sewell and McBride, neither on the retained or released lists or on the Official Site after it was updated.

Sewell was on trial at Kidderminster Harriers in the summer but have heard no news of his situation since.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Â