Should I Just Whip My Hair Off?

alreadyexists

27 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

they are brilliant, I had a pair before that were only £30 and they were more than adequate, you aren't going to get any closer unless you take a razor to your bonce, I'd highly recommend the pitbulls if you can get a pair for around £80, I got an absolute bargain at just having to pay £35 for mine.

These are the ones I had before (unavailable now) and they worked a treat, they didn't get quite as close as the pitbulls when have a wet shave but they were still really good, only paid around £30 for them and they lasted two years so you could just get a cheap set and see how you get on if you haven't used skull shavers before.

I would just be mindful though, they aren't clippers, and it doesn't make your hair "short" they are for the baldest of baldies

super convenient as well, takes 90 seconds to shave me bonce and 30 seconds to clean it.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for when they drop in price again.

I have bic'd my head a few times and it does mean I don't have to do it as often but it's not the most convenient so if them skull ones only take a minute or so that's much better.

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for when they drop in price again.

I have bic'd my head a few times and it does mean I don't have to do it as often but it's not the most convenient so if them skull ones only take a minute or so that's much better.

In all fairness Leemond is giving the first positive review I have seen. A lot of reviews say they are dogshit. It's what has kept me away from buying them. That said I suspect you buy cheap, you buy twice. 

44 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

they are brilliant, I had a pair before that were only £30 and they were more than adequate, you aren't going to get any closer unless you take a razor to your bonce, I'd highly recommend the pitbulls if you can get a pair for around £80, I got an absolute bargain at just having to pay £35 for mine.

These are the ones I had before (unavailable now) and they worked a treat, they didn't get quite as close as the pitbulls when have a wet shave but they were still really good, only paid around £30 for them and they lasted two years so you could just get a cheap set and see how you get on if you haven't used skull shavers before.

I would just be mindful though, they aren't clippers, and it doesn't make your hair "short" they are for the baldest of baldies

super convenient as well, takes 90 seconds to shave me bonce and 30 seconds to clean it.

just realised I didn't link them

Head Shaver for Men, Homeasy Electric Shavers Electric Razor Bald Head Shaver Men Rotary Cordless Hair Clippers Nose Hair Trimmer Waterproof USB with 4D Floating 5 Razor Head : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness Leemond is giving the first positive review I have seen. A lot of reviews say they are dogshit. It's what has kept me away from buying them. That said I suspect you buy cheap, you buy twice. 

Yeah some of the skull shavers have a good star rating on Amazon but a lot of negative written feedback. I tend to ignore that though, like anything most people who like what they got you wont hear from and it's only complaints that you get back.

I don't have any complaints about the Pitbull at all, great for just running it over your head while watching telly or if you want a really close shave then do it in the shower, to clean it you literally just stick it under water and switch it on for 20 seconds and its done.

No cuts or nicks or cuts, no irritation, proper close shave.

Before I had a skull shaver I used to use the hair clippers without any guard on, that was alright but it was never a proper shave and it was so easy to miss a bit and go out with a stripe of hair up the back of your head, no chance of that happening with this, I don't really have anything bad to say about them in general especially the Pitbulls

• Like 1

On the clipper trail, a couple of the newer top end Wahl models have an inproved motor. Add V9000 to a search.

Picked up the Icon with the V9000, it works well.

Â