Should I Just Whip My Hair Off?

alreadyexists

Baldies unite! 

I’m another advocate of taking the clippers to it. I started with a thinning crown in my early thirties, the hairdresser had been hiding that from me for a while until people started pointing it out. I decided to try shaving it off with a number three, very conscious that I might look silly and draw lots of mick taking. It’s the best thing I ever did! 

My wife says I look much better with a shaved head and there’s no need to waste money on hair care and cuts. A set of clippers can last years and you can have a fresh haircut anytime you like. I do mine every two weeks with a number one. It really is liberating to be free from the rigmarole of having hair. 

The only downside is that Will Smith might start slapping people on your behalf, and that wouldn’t be too bad. 

I buzzed it all off when I was around 30. Saw a picture of me teaching in the classroom and the flash bounced of my bonce. Started as a number 3 now I just zero it every Friday before the pub. 

41 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Hair transplant could be an option if you’re self conscious about losing your hair.

I did think about that… but if I get it done and then keep thinning I’ll have to get it topped up, plus there’s the expense. It is an option though I suppose, thanks mate 

• Like 1

Funny this should come up now. I've been a self-maintained 'number three all over' merchant for the last ten years. But about a month ago I decided for no particular reason to grow it out again. I trimmed it up to the highest point on my clippers (15mm), and got the back tidied up by the barber. But now I need to keep it growing for another couple of months, until it's in a state for normal barbershop maintenance - and as it grows rather unevenly, I'm starting to look like an escapee from a lunatic asylum. 

There's a guy I work with who wears a wig and it looks great and I'd never have guessed it was artificial.  He's 34 and managed to pull a stunning 22 year old blonde airstewardess and YouTube vlogger.  He says it does involve going once a month to get the wig touched up and costs about £100 each visit though. 

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's a guy I work with who wears a wig and it looks great and I'd never have guessed it was artificial.  He's 34 and managed to pull a stunning 22 year old blonde airstewardess and YouTube vlogger.  He says it does involve going once a month to get the wig touched up and costs about £100 each visit though. 

How much of his success does he put down to his wig and how much would you put down to his wig?

If you don’t mind never getting a boner and losing the urge to do the old five knuckle shuffle, you could always try Finesteride.

Just now, jim said:

If you don’t mind never getting a boner and losing the urge to do the old five knuckle shuffle, you could always try Finesteride.

Apart from that, did it work for you Jim?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Apart from that, did it work for you Jim?

A friend has been on it a while and had good results but he did experience some of the above.

I’m yet to try it, but now we are not having anymore kids I’m Contemplating trying the topical solution. Minox and Fin combined in a spray, supposed to have less side effects.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He says it does involve going once a month to get the wig touched up and costs about £100 each visit though. 

Why do you have to touch up a wig monthly?

3 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I think shaving off is the best way to go

Women's cracks and blokes nads yes I agree ;)

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

How much of his success does he put down to his wig and how much would you put down to his wig?

I've only known him about 9 months so don't know what he was like pre-wig days, from what I can tell he was an over-confident dickhead, lad and cokehead in his 20s until he started losing his hair which then caused him a whole load of anxiety, probably not helped by his over-inflated self esteem in the first place.  Then he got recommended this place in Brighton and he swears it changed his life and confidence and openly talks about it.  He's a good looking lad anyway, so he might have been able to go out with beautiful women even as a bald man but I guess that's where the confidence comes into it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why do you have to touch up a wig monthly?

It's more to do with keeping the actual hair you have left in decent shape as if it grows too much it might effect how it fits.  Plus I assume they wash it, possibly even style it differently if you want.

Pretty sure this is the company he uses:

Edited by sharkyvilla
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I was 23 or 24 and had hair all the way down by back just above me arse, used to be a little rocker I did, started receding and after a little mid day drinking session in the middle of summer being incredibly hot and sweaty I got home and shaved the lot off, best thing I ever did, made me look like a hooligan for a fair few years, now I just look like a fat completely bald bloke

The way to do it. I also had mega hair, not a rocker but one of the goths about town. Got pissed watching an England game and had it cut off by a mate with a pair of kitchen scissors. 20 odd years later and have never regretted it. Bald is beautiful.

A friend of mine is balding bad and he is really self conscious of it. He sprays this stuff in his hair its sort of like shoe polish for hair.

If it rains or he someone touches his head he gets really embarrassed and tries to get away quickly to fix it.

I dont understand it, just embrace it. Its becoming very stylish these days. I was attracting very attracting women when i shaved my hair as to when i had it.

• Thanks 1

Â