Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There is a set profile that villatalk like, young and foreign. If you are 24 or younger and play in Europe and are linked with Villa the majority will be all for it. 

Experienced players from the Premier League are the ones most reviled. Everything else is on a sliding scale between those two poles.

Another tendency is people will be very picky about attacking players, but accept most defenders (or keepers) as long as they’re cheap.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

No doubting his ability but isn’t he always injured ?

It turns out he has missed 20 games with a knee injury the season before last. That's the only injury in last 3 seasons. Seems injury free for last 18 months

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It turns out he has missed 20 games with a knee injury the season before last. That's the only injury in last 3 seasons. Seems injury free for last 18 months

If he’s fit he would definitely improve us although I’m guessing his wages would be quite high. Risky one.

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's just hilarious the reactions you get here on villatalk. 

Like a player who played the majority of the games in the season Liverpool won the title and we are disgusted to even be linked with him. 

Why does every debate have to be stripped of nuance?

Danny Drinkwater played pretty much every game when Leicester won the league and I doubt you were making the same argument when people were wary about signing him.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

When you put it like that it does sound a bit mad.

Because it's a bad faith and nonsensical argument designed to rubbish the opinion of anyone who doesn't think it would necessarily be a good signing.

• Like 1

I've seen a fee of £10m mentioned, which would take into account his past (hopefully) injury record and his contract being up at the end of the coming season. He used to be a player, but so did Ross Barkley, could he be one again? The claim that we are on "red alert" is from the Mirror though:

image.jpeg.89e93f29d48253b7c3a043a703cc6b21.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he’s fit he would definitely improve us although I’m guessing his wages would be quite high. Risky one.

Assuming he costs the £10m reported. I also seems he's on £120k per week wage and he'll want to keep that salary level. He'll probably want a 4 year contract though. Which is fine as he's 28 and plays CM. So that would be £8.7m per year cost to us.

• Shocked 1

No, no, no!

Forget his injury record, he is an incredibly frustrating player who gives the ball away so much.

I thought he was going to be class as a winger when younger, as a midfielder, he is poor.

27 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Why does every debate have to be stripped of nuance?

Danny Drinkwater played pretty much every game when Leicester won the league and I doubt you were making the same argument when people were wary about signing him.

He had one good season with Leicester. He subsequently joined Chelsea where he didn't play at all really for two seasons. He then went on Loan to Burnley where they didn't even play him. Finally landing on Loan with Villa. 

Ox has played over 1500 mins of minutes of football for Liverpool this season, Ings and Buendia have 1900mins 

So yeah, there's your nuance. He's Danny Drinkwater mk2

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is the first link where i am thinking wtf. 

We basically have the 20 year old homegrown villa fan version of AOC already in JJ. 

Cannot see it happening for the above reason

He's for competition with McGinn I'd imagine. While adding experience to midfield which will feature a 21yo and a 22yo in the majority of games next season.

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Assuming he costs the £10m reported. I also seems he's on £120k per week wage and he'll want to keep that salary level. He'll probably want a 4 year contract though. Which is fine as he's 28 and plays CM. So that would be £8.7m per year cost to us.

Even more than cost, doesn’t it boil down to if he’s the type we need now and if so, is he the top candidate? We have McGinn and Ramsey, Bissouma remains in the picture.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Even more than cost, doesn’t it boil down to if he’s the type we need now and if so, is he the top candidate? We have McGinn and Ramsey, Bissouma remains in the picture.

Yeah, I do believe we need experience in midfield though. Bissouma is great player and all I just would love a more senior player who has been a winner, won trophies to be added to the squad. One who is content with starting or coming off the bench.

I've no idea who that player is, just feel we need that in middle of the park.

Â