Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Delphinho123

Just now, duke313 said:

Gomez, Suarez, Wijnaldum, Ox.  Any other Liverpool players we should sign?

So experienced players, who are winners and we only have a chance of signing due to Gerrard. This is viewed as a negative? We should send Coutinho back I suppose? you seem to have not mentioned him in your list

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Last few months he has been sitting in the stands, he has apparently been fit and not played a game in the league since February and he was dragged off when Liverpool were losing

That seems a bit concerning,

alway concerns me when a player is in a high profile relationship, only speculating after what you said but off field getting in the way?

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So experienced players, who are winners and we only have a chance of signing due to Gerrard. This is viewed as a negative? We should send Coutinho back I suppose? you seem to have not mentioned him in your list

Players like AOC and Gomez will likely be bought by other midtable clubs who are willing to pay if we don’t buy them. It’s not like we’re getting a unique opportunity to sign players Liverpool would prefer to keep.

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

That seems a bit concerning,

alway concerns me when a player is in a high profile relationship, only speculating after what you said but off field getting in the way?

Well they have all their midfielders fit

Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Thiago, Milner and they have Jones on the bench as they want to get him game time to develop him which makes sense. I think Ox leaving this summer has been known for a few months and you can liken it to Sanson's position with us. Has had one 72mins game in our last 11 games and no game time in our last 8 games

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Players like AOC and Gomez will likely be bought by other midtable clubs who are willing to pay if we don’t buy them. It’s not like we’re getting a unique opportunity to sign players Liverpool would prefer to keep.

Don't know if she's any good mate. Also, she seems to be pretty busy in the House of Representatives over in Washington.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Gomez won't be leaving Liverpool. He's a quality player and he's getting a new contract. The only chance is Gerrard convincing him to come. That has failed it seems. 

Ox yes, he'll be sold this season. Suarez will not be joining clubs our level without Gerrard. He'll go to a CL club as he has lots of offers. 

Gerrard's ability to attract players like Suarez or Coutinho is not a negative. It's idiotic to portray it as one

• Like 1

Not sure why this is getting so much reaction, the article doesn't even say that we want to sign him, it just says that Gerrard is a long time admirer, I'm sure he's a long time admirer of a lot of players but doesn't mean to say he's interested in signing them. It's just clickbait.

• Like 1

I think there is better value out there than The Ox, he’s not a bad player just injured too much and has only really performed a bit part at Liverpool. He’s only played more than 25 PL games a season three times since 2011… 😬 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why this is getting so much reaction, the article doesn't even say that we want to sign him, it just says that Gerrard is a long time admirer, I'm sure he's a long time admirer of a lot of players but doesn't mean to say he's interested in signing them. It's just clickbait.

Cos there’s nothing else to talk about, it’s always like this during the transfer window. 

It's just hilarious the reactions you get here on villatalk. 

Like a player who played the majority of the games in the season Liverpool won the title and we are disgusted to even be linked with him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Like a player who played the majority of the games in the season Liverpool won the title and we are disgusted to even be linked with him. 

When you put it like that it does sound a bit mad.

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gomez won't be leaving Liverpool. He's a quality player and he's getting a new contract. The only chance is Gerrard convincing him to come. That has failed it seems. 

Ox yes, he'll be sold this season. Suarez will not be joining clubs our level without Gerrard. He'll go to a CL club as he has lots of offers. 

Gerrard's ability to attract players like Suarez or Coutinho is not a negative. It's idiotic to portray it as one

We’ll have to see about Suarez, I’d be surprised if he ends up at a CL club next season after Atletico let him go.

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

People are allowed to be dubious over links to players with questionable injury records. And despite winning the league with Liverpool, in the two season since he has started 11 league games.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

When you put it like that it does sound a bit mad.

There is a set profile that villatalk like, young and foreign. If you are 24 or younger and play in Europe and are linked with Villa the majority will be all for it. 

Experienced players from the Premier League are the ones most reviled. Everything else is on a sliding scale between those two poles.

33 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Where dose he play in the Liverpool team when starting? Been injured so much don't recall

In 11 premier league seasons, he’s played 225 premier league games, of which he’s started only 110.

on average, he starts 10 games a season. That’s bloody dire regardless of the reason.

Would be another MONesque transfer like Tarkowski if we go for him. an over the hill overpriced player we are getting stung on the British tax

at least Tarkowski might be fit, rather keep Carney

Â