Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How about if it was for a nominal fee, say £5m or under?

Then I'd be more agreeable but even then I'm not sure what role he'd play, he's dropping deeper as he's getting older, he can't play wide or as a 10 anymore (not that we need a 10 anyway) so he's then competing with mcginn, Ramsey and where we are arguably strongest in terms of youth

So I don't think we need him anyway 

• Like 2

Good player. Terrible record with injuries.

This is the sort of deal that Liverpool manage to achieve - flogging a player for way over the odds. (Wilson, Ward, Solanke, Brewster). 

No thank you.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Then I'd be more agreeable but even then I'm not sure what role he'd play, he's dropping deeper as he's getting older, he can't play wide or as a 10 anymore (not that we need a 10 anyway) so he's then competing with mcginn, Ramsey and where we are arguably strongest in terms of youth

So I don't think we need him anyway 

Yeah, I don't see how we need him either. I just thought it was worth asking because I doubt very much they'll be trying to get some vast sum for him, everyone in the world knows his injury record. He's not comparable to the likes of Ibe or Solanke or Brewster. I imagine they would consider getting him off the wage bill and freeing up a squad space to be sufficient reward in itself, with only maybe a nominal fee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I don't see how we need him either. I just thought it was worth asking because I doubt very much they'll be trying to get some vast sum for him, everyone in the world knows his injury record. He's not comparable to the likes of Ibe or Solanke or Brewster. I imagine they would consider getting him off the wage bill and freeing up a squad space to be sufficient reward in itself, with only maybe a nominal fee.

I can see them pushing for and maybe getting £40m to £60m combined for gomez and AOC this summer 

We will be linked with both but FWIW I don't think we'll sign either 

Am I right in thinking he's only had one real injury in the last 3 seasons? and hasn't had an injury in last 18 months?

90% of Villatalk's views are if a player has ever suffered an injury he is permanently injured and should be avoided forever. 

Do we have data?

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can see them pushing for and maybe getting £40m to £60m combined for gomez and AOC this summer 

We will be linked with both but FWIW I don't think we'll sign either 

There is no chance they'll sell Gomez. He's going to sign a new deal as he'll get games at RB and CB now with Liverpool.

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Where dose he play in the Liverpool team when starting? Been injured so much don't recall

Last few months he has been sitting in the stands, he has apparently been fit and not played a game in the league since February and he was dragged off when Liverpool were losing

• Like 1

Â