Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I guess they turned it into the Confederations Cup and used it as a test run for the World Cup hosts from what I remember.  Sky didn't have the rights which is probably why I never knew it was happening.

I think FIFA got involved and wanted to make money but apparently they stopped the Confederations Cup at probably the worst time. Was an event to help the host nation prepare and Qatar needs most preparation of all 

UEFA and CONMEBOL signed a new deal so will happen more often with South American teams also joining the Nations League 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think FIFA got involved and wanted to make money but apparently they stopped the Confederations Cup at probably the worst time. Was an event to help the host nation prepare and Qatar needs most preparation of all 

UEFA and CONMEBOL signed a new deal so will happen more often with South American teams also joining the Nations League 

Didn't realise that, might make it worth watching.  England v Argentina is way overdue.

• Like 1

May 24 andykeenan changed the title to Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

This simply isn't on. However...

On 24/05/2022 at 14:04, andykeenan said:

Hungary Saturday 4th June 5p

Edited May 24 by andykeenan

laughing-mike-pence.gif

laughing-mike-pence.gif

laughing-mike-pence.gif

laughing-mike-pence.gif

laughing-mike-pence.gif

No Villa players in the squad, five right backs, Southgate’s boring brand of football and a general dislike for most of the players in this squad, means I won’t be watching any of these games. 

**** em’, I’ve got better things to do. 

• Like 3

The mismatch between Scotland and Ukraine was what you might expect from two nations, where one has a population of 40 million and the other has a population of 5 million.

With Scotland having two centre-backs from the Norwich team which shipped 61 goals last season, things didn't look good from the start, and beating the technically superior Ukrainains looked like a big ask.

The fact that the game had been politicised, where the press and commentators claimed that the whole world wanted Ukraine to win, kind of destroyed the expectation that neutrality was possible.

The expectation that football fans should be constantly updated on the government's foreign policy, is not what I watch football for.

Some of the decisions did seem to favour the Ukrainians.

Scotland battled valiantly and came very close to earning a draw, as Ukraine ran out of steam.

McGinn had a decent game but inevitably provoked a snooty response from some Villa fans who suddenly think the club has reached a level of sophistication hitherto unknown, where his qualities are to be scorned.

Watkins named McGinn as the player with the biggest heart he knows - I never doubted it.

Scotland came pretty close and the scoreline flatters Ukraine, but no one would deny they were better.

• Like 1

Choose between watching boregate"s England or sticking pins in my ****. Think I would choose the latter. The bloke really does hold a grudge.

5 right backs.... spacer.png 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

centre backs, Guehi, Tomori and White all missing with injury so lucky Southgate picked all the right backs to play out of position.

I hope we get thumped by Hungary tomorrow. 

and he still left mings on holiday?

im hoping big ty told him to **** himself

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and he still left mings on holiday?

im hoping big ty told him to **** himself

Just revealed that both Tomori and Guehi were injured prior to being called up and may only be ok for the 3rd and final game… 

GS is an utter plum of a manager. 

Cannot stand our current brand of insipid football.

Sure we can beat the lesser nations comfortably but get tactically schooled whenever we face anyone decent (or organised!) 

• Like 3

so he wants to take a better look at 2 injured players? and called up 5 right backs rather than CB cover?

he will play a back 5 with walker or james as the RCB

more concerned about our weaknesses than he is about our strengths 

• Like 1

Â