Luis Suarez

maqroll

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Or comes in to mentor him. We need a player with his experience, gamesmanship and his willingness to do anything to win. How many of our players would have saved the goal against Ghana in the world Cup in 2010? If he didn't it's a guaranteed loss. He gave his team the chance to win. He's a filthy diver but he's one of the best in the game. He knows how to hack players and get away with it.

He's a master of the dark arts and a bastard to play against. He's exactly what we need. 

The best way is for archer to get games not play second fiddle to a 35 year old hasbeen that will be a stop gap. Im not in favour of this signing at all. 5 years too late

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The best way is for archer to get games not play second fiddle to a 35 year old hasbeen that will be a stop gap. Im not in favour of this signing at all. 5 years too late

I love us bringing through youth but I do find it amusing fans talk about Archer getting minutes when at the moment 2 International experienced Premier league strikers aren’t even doing the business! 

Get Luis in to show these lot how it’s done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep, we really missed the boat not signing Suarez from Barcelona 5 years ago when we finished 13th in the Championship.

Could have played backup to Hogan and learned how to make real runs

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Since the last biting incident, has he been involved in anything ethically shaky on or off the pitch?

No. He's been great since his new dentures were fitted. He's more of a suck than a bite these days! And we've got enough suckers in our squad and he'll be sold on gum-tree by Christmas before his arthritis sets in and he gets taken to training by his carer!

Just now, Villa 59 said:

No. He's been great since his new dentures were fitted. He's more of a suck than a bite these days! And we've got enough suckers in our squad and he'll be sold on gum-tree by Christmas before his arthritis sets in and he gets taken to training by his carer!

Sucking and biting, there is a little or a lot of time for both...

Sorry, football....yes the beautiful game.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Archer "getting games" shouldn't be a priority. Archer proving himself to be good enough to get games, yes I'm all for that.  MissIng out on a higher placed finish because we prioritized giving someone a chance rather than playing a proven scorer is simply not the way the club should be thinking.  

Our highest ever premier league finish (under BFR) was with a core of proven experienced players who had won things (Staunton, Houghton, Saunders, Richardson, McGrath, complemented by the odd homegrown player who had proven themselves over the past 2/3 seasons (Daley).  Nobody complained about that team, that finish, or that kids weren't being given games.... Yorke was dipped in and out and earned more minutes as he began to show he could do it.  But I'd argue that without the mentorship of the likes of Cyrille Regis, Yorke likely would have taken far longer to come good.

If Suarez can make us better, even for three months, then he absolutely should be brought in. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Archer "getting games" shouldn't be a priority. Archer proving himself to be good enough to get games, yes I'm all for that.  MissIng out on a higher placed finish because we prioritized giving someone a chance rather than playing a proven scorer is simply not the way the club should be thinking.  

Our highest ever premier league finish (under BFR) was with a core of proven experienced players who had won things (Staunton, Houghton, Saunders, Richardson, McGrath, complemented by the odd homegrown player who had proven themselves over the past 2/3 seasons (Daley).  Nobody complained about that team, that finish, or that kids weren't being given games.... Yorke was dipped in and out and earned m👍ore minutes as he began to show he could do it.  But I'd argue that without the mentorship of the likes of Cyrille Regis, Yorke likely would have taken far longer to come good.

If Suarez can make us better, even for three months, then he absolutely should be brought in. 

My point was suarez wont be playing or starting week in week out probably a majority from the bench due to his age. Why bither when archer could get more time from the bench? Hasnt harmed JJ has it?

You can opt with hasbeens like suarez ill stick with our exciting youngsters like archer 👍

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lewandowski and Benzema are similar ages but in much better condition 

I was thinking more along the lines of he's a piece of shit, but yeah that is true too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My point was suarez wont be playing or starting week in week out probably a majority from the bench due to his age. Why bither when archer could get more time from the bench? Hasnt harmed JJ has it?

You can opt with hasbeens like suarez ill stick with our exciting youngsters like archer 👍

Because Archer is almost certainly going to go out on loan again for the season, this time at a slightly higher level.   He is no way ready for a team that is aiming to finish in a European spot in the Premier League.

Really even Chukwumeka would have benefitted from a season loan, but i guess due to his contract situation it wasn't worth that risk.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on mate, Ings and or Watkins can’t score so let’s bring on Archer ?  I think Gerrard wants to keep his job longer than next season.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Since the last biting incident, has he been involved in anything ethically shaky on or off the pitch?

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Nothing, hasn't even had a red card.

clearly not as tasty as players in the Uk.....

Â