Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

It's being reported by French media TVR35 and Birmingham live (which I haven't clicked on because it's no doubt a rehash full of ads) that we will play Rennes away "in July" 

I have horrible memories of nantes away so not one for me personally but could be a good day out in the sun 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

What happened at Nantes?

I was going to go to this European trip; flights and travel look horrendous to Rennes though.

Probably this:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-pepper-sprayed-11656784

A handful of Aston Villa fans were pepper-sprayed by police after last night’s friendly with FC Nantes.

It’s thought around five or six heavily-intoxicated supporters were targeted by the French officers after persistent pleas to vacate a certain section of the stadium.

Other Villa fans nearby were also thought to have been caught up in the action and were pepper-sprayed, too.

Following the trouble in the country during Euro 2016, police adopted a zero-tolerance policy and were keen to move on the small minority of fans who had been drinking throughout the day.

I actually wrote to the birmingham mail to complain about there coverage of it 😂

trust me the use of pepper spray was indiscriminate, it went everywhere and persistent pleas...there were a lot of heaviliy intoxicated villa fans there and seemingly no one had a clue what was going on, what was going on was a gang of around 20 nantes fans tried to storm the villa end in around the 70th minute, so the police tried to make us leave the stadium, no one understood a lot of people said no, a lot of people got pepper sprayed, utterly clueless policing

but the travel to nantes wasnt too bad, cheap flight from southampton airport with flybe, had a quick wiki look at the airport and theres a new easyjet flight route from brum to nantes starting in June @wilko154 should be able to get a train from there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Confirmed where please.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/may/24/villa-confirm-stade-rennais-and-walsall-fixtures/

Following the club’s tour of Australia, Villa will then head to France to take on Stade Rennais on Saturday, July 30. Kick-off at Roazhon Park will be 6pm local time.

• Like 1

Rennes are my French team as I lived there for a year. For once I'll want them to lose! For years they were mid-table every season but they've been one of the best teams in France in the last few seasons, finishing higher up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2022 at 16:10, wilko154 said:

How's everyone getting there? Flights are a nightmare.

Only Villa could choose a European friendly in one of the most remote cities in France.

Back in 2000 I took the ferry from Portsmouth to Saint Malo, with Brittany Ferries. Lovely views departing and arriving! 😍 But it was overnight and took about ten hours ! :s

Then it was a direct train from Saint Malo to Rennes.

Ticket Info 

Allocation: 1,300
All Ages £4.35 (€5.00) 
On sale dates:
2022-23 Season Ticket Holders - Online from 6pm, 4 July - Phone Sales from 10am, 5 July 
Members - Online from 5pm, 11 July - Phone Sales from 10am, 12 July 

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone know why this isn't included in the pre season match pack on Villa TV? 

Maybe Rennes are showing it for free. 

It shoud be for uk supporters

the global package are not as they don’t have the rights to it. Like me in the states i can only watch it prerecorded 

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Anyone know why this isn't included in the pre season match pack on Villa TV? 

Maybe Rennes are showing it for free. 

It is if your in the UK 

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Surely just one of them is now the answer...

Bailey and Buendia MUST play.

One is defiantly the answer. Get all the creative players on the field. 
Ings and Watkins together is brexit football 

• Haha 1

Â