Who would you like to see relegated?

YLN

Which club do you want to see relegated?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which club do you want to see relegated?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/05/22 at 14:35

3 hours ago, BOF said:

I went with Burnley. As amusing and anarchic as it would be to see Everton go down, they're kind of our kindred spirits in the league and you need the big boys up. We don't need a bottom half of a Premier League filled with Bournemouths and the like. Similarly, as dirty as Leeds are, they add something to the Premier League even if a lot of that is pantomime villainy. You need a bit of needle. They're a tasty fixture.  Whereas Burnley add nothing. They circle the drain, punching admirably above their weight while maiming opponents as they go. No-one cares about them. They rival no-one. They're invisible and they play the worst football the league has seen since Wimbledon Mark 1. They can frankly go and **** themselves.

Thats a pretty admirable response. 

If you're being selfish you want Everton down as they have the most hope of being a threat to us in future years. 

Leeds and Burnley have equal measures of revenge needed, so bit of a toss up between them.

For me, Leeds are far more deserving of going down as they hate us as much as we hate them.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Thats a pretty admirable response.

:snip:

For me, Leeds are far more deserving of going down as they hate us as much as we hate them.

Well thank you :) As for the Leeds point. They do hate us as much as we hate them, and that's kind of exactly why I think them staying up adds more to the season. Football is, in part, about tribalism, hatred and rivalry. Fill the league with teams we don't care about and you've a much poorer product. All IMHO of course.  There are limits though. It's not like I want the noses up any time soon :P

• Like 3

For me it's Everton !!

They are a horribly run club that have spent their money very poorly. Plus I cant stand Lampard, Richarlison or Pickford !!

31 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well thank you :) As for the Leeds point. They do hate us as much as we hate them, and that's kind of exactly why I think them staying up adds more to the season. Football is, in part, about tribalism, hatred and rivalry. Fill the league with teams we don't care about and you've a much poorer product. All IMHO of course.  There are limits though. It's not like I want the noses up any time soon :P

I don't get the hate for Leeds. A lot of it originates from that one game back in the championship with the goal when we stopped playing (and it was just one game, the games prior were more business as usual), but other than that? They play dirty, yes, but they do so against everyone, so no real rivalry with just us. We don't compete for the same trophies (neither are in competition for trophies anyway) nor have a geographical link. So why do we have a rivalry?

They're a dirty team for sure (so are Burnley) and I'm annoyed with the love from the media, but other than that, I don't care either way about Leeds. 

24 minutes ago, AXD said:

I don't get the hate for Leeds. A lot of it originates from that one game back in the championship with the goal when we stopped playing (and it was just one game, the games prior were more business as usual), but other than that? They play dirty, yes, but they do so against everyone, so no real rivalry with just us. We don't compete for the same trophies (neither are in competition for trophies anyway) nor have a geographical link. So why do we have a rivalry?

They're a dirty team for sure (so are Burnley) and I'm annoyed with the love from the media, but other than that, I don't care either way about Leeds. 

We don't have a rivalry with Leeds. My rivalry point was a general footballing one. With Leeds it's more the patomime villainy I referred to earlier. They have an 'everyone hates us and we don't care' attitude and they're one of the bigger sides in England, which makes them more 'fun' (in a spicy way) to play against than Burnley.

• Like 1

I think Burnley going down would be boring, not so much them going down in of itself, but them going down with Norwich and Watford, boring if the most predictable teams are relegated, would be more entertaining and interesting if one of Leeds or Everton go down, I think that would also make the Championship more interesting next season.

it'll be interesting next year, I think Fulham are much better placed to stay up next year, Bournemouth will be solid, and hopefully Forest also go up. If so, Forest have looked good this year, knocked out 2 or 3 prem sides out in the cup - emphatically so, good manager. 

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Forest have looked good this year, knocked out 2 or 3 prem sides out in the cup - emphatically so, good manager. 

And we will get them first day, away, and you can guess what happens. 

Everton, even though they're comfortably the team I dislike the least out of those three. Just think it'd be interesting, and they've not been relegated for 70 odd years so they currently have that over us.

It'll be Burnley or Leeds though, and either are fine with me as I can't stand either for different reasons.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

Everton, even though they're comfortably the team I dislike the least out of those three. Just think it'd be interesting, and they've not been relegated for 70 odd years so they currently have that over us.

It'll be Burnley or Leeds though, and either are fine with me as I can't stand either for different reasons.

100% agree. I’m interested in Everton going down if only to see how they handle it and try to come back up.

There's something to be said for all three.

I've always had s bit of a soft spot for Everton. They always seem to be in roughly the same sort of place as us and I've never met a bad fan. Their predicament this season has brought the cavemen among their fans out in force, but then I suppose that happens to all clubs going through a rough patch. It'd be weird to see them drop. On the other hand, if they spent long enough in the championship, eventually we'd overtake them in time spent in the English top flight, so there's that.

Leeds are nobheads and seeing them relegated would be both hilarious and deserved. But as has been stated, their abrasiveness makes them interesting so they definitely add something to the league. Also my dad is a Leeds fan, so being able to sit and watch our matches with him whenever I visit is worth it.

Burnley... Who cares, honestly. I voted for them.

I have to say I want Leeds to go.

Elland Road has an incredible atmosphere but the way they are it actually works against their side in important fixtures IMO.

You can almost feel the desperation through the TV….

Everton would be good for the spectacle but i think their fans have really rallied round once they realised how much sh@t they were in.They will get a result against Palace.

However I think actually will be Burnley and that will be……dull.

I’d enjoy watching all 3 go down for different reasons. Burnley I think bring the least to the Premier League, though. A dirty side that play bad football and have been inexplicably allowed to end careers with some of their “physical” tackling.

Tbh we all wanted it to be Newcastle didn’t we?

Edit: I see Leeds are winning the vote. Yes it would be **** hilarious if they went down, but I quite enjoy watching a Leeds game. Our last game against them was excellent!

Edited by KentVillan

Â