Pre Match thread 2

MrBlack

I hope we make some changes for this as realistically top 10 is out of reach and I know we can finish a couple of places higher up (and some extra £ for that) but I think even if we make changes we still have plenty to give Burnley a game. 

Would like to see something like

Martinez

Cash           Chambers          Mings          Digne

Chuk          Iroegbunam       Ramsey 

Buendia                Watkins             Coutinho      

So... basically a youthful midfield! No pressure, get the ball down and play some decent football - 4-1 Villa (easy) :) 

In terms of Burnley's performance they might play really well as they're fighting for survival amd will probably be fired up.

Or on the other hand they might not play well because of the pressure (especially if they lose a lead or go behind).

Or it might be a mix of the two things above and overall they end up playing averagely.

It's going to be interesting !

5 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Martinez

Cash           Chambers          Mings          Digne

Chuk          Iroegbunam       Ramsey 

Buendia                Watkins             Coutinho      

So... basically a youthful midfield! No pressure, get the ball down and play some decent football - 4-1 Villa (easy) :) 

Nobody would be expecting that system tbf!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 4

Our last home game of the season against a horrible team fighting for their lives. Under the lights we usually do well, especially against teams below us and this should be no different. An early goal for us should make the game open because they’ll want to keep it tight and not concede as a point is probably a good result for them.

A couple of changes would be good to keep some fresh for Sunday. Whether it’s 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-3-2, I’d like to see Coutinho and Buendia back together. Ramsey also needs a start. Ings, McGinn and Luiz probably deserve a rest, with Carney also coming in. Another hour out of Nakamba in preparation for the battle on Sunday, then bring Iroegbunam on.

Martinez

Cash         Chambers          Mings          Digne

Nakamba

Carney                          Ramsey

Buendia       Coutinho

Watkins                        

Subs: Olsen, Feeney, Young, Iroegbunam, Sanson, McGinn, Luiz, Traore, Ings.

Going to say a 2-1 win.

Burnley is always a physical game. Putting in too much youth could easily backfire. We need some steel in the midfield and some grit - but flair would be ideal for this one! Make them make the rash challenges. Wind them up. Buendia and Couthinho need to both start for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nigel said:

I'd like to see us experiment a little here. Maybe back to the two 10s with tim holding.

We've signed Rob Holding's Dad?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t want to see any of Luiz, Nakamba or McGinn start. 

Watkins
Coutinho Buendia
Ramsey Irroegbunam Chukwuemeka
Digne Mings Chambers Cash
Martinez

Same as mine, but my formation went a bit skewiff! 

• Haha 1

Looks like Olsen will be in goal. Emi has picked up an injury in training. And Konsa is out for a few months but not an ACL as first feared. 

Olsen

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

Tim Marv

Buendia      Couthino

Ings Watkins

Never going to happen but I think we’d give Burnley a kicking with that team! 

25 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Looks like Olsen will be in goal. Emi has picked up an injury in training. And Konsa is out for a few months but not an ACL as first feared. 

Olsen

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

Tim Marv

Buendia      Couthino

Ings Watkins

Never going to happen but I think we’d give Burnley a kicking with that team! 

That’s still a strong lineup - I’d love to see it or a close variation of it 

I would very much like a change of personnel and formation and a fat win v Burnley. If we don't get three points, at least it inconveniences Leeds.

No one expects anything at City, an organised side would be nice though. A plan of some sort.

A balance of giving our youth a chance and some experience against what will be a very physical Burnley side needing a result:

Olsen

Cash     Chambers     Mings     Digne

Iroegbunam

Sanson                   Luiz

Buendia           Watkins       Chukwuemeka

• Like 3