Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/22 at 23:00

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

6 home wins all season is quite shitty, just checking the stats. Lambert got ten home wins in each of the seasons he managed and we were a disgrace at that time

He got 10 wins in total in each of those seasons.

We've won 10 under Gerrard already and his first game was 21st November.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thunderball said:

Palace are a big, physical side who we usually Labour against, today was no different. The removal of Ings and the introduction of JJ and EMI changed the dynamic. We desperately need more steel and physicality in the middle.

we were strangely devoid of ideas in the final third, and ended up passing back to Mings on several attacks - very strange?

I have no idea why McGinn plays or what he offers. Half our problem is him taking a starting place over someone who actually does anything productive. Replace him in the summer and we finish 4 places higher.

I agree I think mcginn is becoming a problem. One of those that’s mangers seem to think is ok and the are more desperate areas to deal with but I think he is really holding the team back I think we have evolved beyond him.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 15:53, rodders0223 said:

Outplayed by a team with 7- 9 worse players than us as is standard.

Shithouse FC didn't snatch it this time.

Maybe worse in one view, but not in another.

Its easy to ignore one side of the game, thats clear with the top teams, despite their technical superiority.....They give you no quarter to play......Crystal Palace have a similar edge, they first to the ball, in close encounters ,more often than we was......That eventually can win you the initiative and then you start playing football, when the confidence as drained......we are not at that stage yet.

We are still struggling to beat teams even with better technical players, we have to add an edge to our game, that wins us that initiative.

We are a very good team in some respects......and short in other ways.

I hope its all part of the process of developing.....I still think we are still recovering from losing Jacks ball retention, We still haven't overcome that yet.....We still lose the ball far too easily.

• Like 1

Only saw ten minutes of highlights but I thought there was some very promising attacks and chances that ultimately didn't come off. 

Few moments of carelessness leading to very decent chances for Palace though too. Emi was brilliant, Nakamba not so much.

I'd just like to add it seemed like McGinn had a good game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Only saw ten minutes of highlights but I thought there was some very promising attacks and chances that ultimately didn't come off. 

Few moments of carelessness leading to very decent chances for Palace though too. Emi was brilliant, Nakamba not so much.

I'd just like to add it seemed like McGinn had a good game. 

McGinn is far more effective, further forward.

He plays where he is told, which is great, but we are just papering over cracks playing him in a deep role.

On 16/05/2022 at 19:46, TRO said:

Maybe worse in one view, but not in another.

Its easy to ignore one side of the game, thats clear with the top teams, despite their technical superiority.....They give you no quarter to play......Crystal Palace have a similar edge, they first to the ball, in close encounters ,more often than we was......That eventually can win you the initiative and then you start playing football, when the confidence as drained......we are not at that stage yet.

We are still struggling to beat teams even with better technical players, we have to add an edge to our game, that wins us that initiative.

We are a very good team in some respects......and short in other ways.

I hope its all part of the process of developing.....I still think we are still recovering from losing Jacks ball retention, We still haven't overcome that yet.....We still lose the ball far too easily.

That is true. You kind of forget how much more space you have on the ball in the championship. The PL is such a intense league.

39 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is true. You kind of forget how much more space you have on the ball in the championship. The PL is such a intense league.

They kinda throw a fire blanket over the flames.....We get smothered and it stops us playing.....quite a few teams do this to us

Let us play, and we look a decent side.

you have to be quick witted, have quick feet and game IQ to over come it, also an appetite to mix it......ball control is key, to retention.

On 15/05/2022 at 14:02, The Fun Factory said:

They are not excellent they are a bog standard mid table side. If we have aspirations to try and qualify for Europe these games have to be home bankers.

Funny perspective on a team that’s taken four points off Man City and four points off Arsenal this season, as examples. Pretty sure both of those teams have qualified for Europe despite blowing this ‘home banker’ :)

Â