Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/22 at 23:00

Did we play the diamond today. Interestingly heard Martin Keown, saying players including him hated playing this system, as it's just too complicated to master. Then the other teams work you out, so you find your self working far to hard with the ball.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Buendia thing is starting to annoy me if i'm honest.

Today was disappointing.

However, i'm not ready to jump on the reactionary train ( YET ) fueled by people who have simply been waiting for another poor performance/result so they could come alive.

They are never this excitedly active after a good result and/or performance, barely seen any of them for the last 3 games prior to today. lol

Anyway, this is the first time I was probably close to giving him a " POOR " rating in the post match thread , however tempered myself due to time of the season, and some of the players being dire with their passing and seeming to personally be on  " the beach " already ( Of which he has little to no control ).

Midfield and Footballing intelligence MUST be addressed.

Why get concerned about other fans?

Look at performances in isolation. They ain't good.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm puzzled by how poor Coutinho has been lately. 

There is so little movement and runs ahead of him that he rarely has an outlet to pass to, even when he does succeed it's usually to Ings who for some reason now needs 10 shots before he scores one. It's why Buendia needs to play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Did we play the diamond today. Interestingly heard Martin Keown, saying players including him hated playing this system, as it's just too complicated to master. Then the other teams work you out, so you find your self working far to hard with the ball.

Klopp mentioned something about seeing the " weakness in the Diamond they play " as well to be fair.

• Like 1

If we are consistently inconsistent does that mean we are consistent?

Dysfunctional midfield at it again, not sure what the answer is but what we are doing doesn't work. 

58 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I find it truly fascinating how you seemed to flip overnight from only ever posting negatives about games to looking at the bright side in everything!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dufresne1947 said:

Really hoping for plenty of minutes for Chukwuemeka in the Burnley game. How about a midfield of Ramsey, Chukwuemeka and Iroegbunam in a meaningless game?

It ain't meaningless for Clogger Burnley!

Just got home from the game.

First half was poor and boring

Second half was slightly better

We suddenly started to try and play from the 90th minute and looked good.

Havent read what others have said so I’m intrigued to read now!

Under Gerrard we beat the teams worse than us, draw against the teams who are similar to us and lose to the teams better than us. There’s no in-between lol. This is the most mid-table side in history. 

• Like 2

We lack control. The number of times we rush into hoofing it long for Ings or Watkins to chase when neither are particularly quick. I would have expected a discernible style of play now. Very frustrating. 

Today was a pretty awful performance, we werent passing well, too many long balls, we weren't winning the lose balls. I think the biggest problem was the team selection, even if you allow for Ramsey and Buendia not being quite fit enough to start, I feel we should have done something different from the start, I would have kept Luiz as the No.6 and played Chukwuemeka where Ramsey normally plays.

Should have made the subs earlier.

Not too concerned though, didn't lose so four games unbeaten, and truth be told game was probably a typical end of season game where you can't read too much into it.

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

We lack control. The number of times we rush into hoofing it long for Ings or Watkins to chase when neither are particularly quick. I would have expected a discernible style of play now. Very frustrating. 

Yep the format seems to be:-

Run round like headless chickens for 15 minutes and hope that brings a goal.

If it doesn't play though balls for Ollie to chase.

Â