ligs

Greatest ever player  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest ever player

• Pele
    • Maradona
    • Other

Robin Friday

51VWDP3YDNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

I know he wasn't the GOAT but when people ask that question I always throw his name out and tell people to go and research him and they always come back wanting to know more about him.

speak to any Reading fan about him and they will chew your side holes off for hours about him even though they never actually saw him play.

The villa were interested in signing him but the manager (cant remember who it was at the time) decided that he would never be able to put up with the amount of shite that he caused for Charley Hurley.

and he gave us this magnificent picture

friday.jpg

and more reason than any that he gets the accolade from me is that he volleyed Mark Lawrenson in the face during a game

Mmmm, never heard if him. May give that book a go

its brilliant, made up completely of newspaper articles and interviews.

10 out of 10 for me, I mite even pick it up and read a bit of it now, I dont know which parts were better the parts when they are describing how brilliant he was or the parts when they are describing how bat shit crazy he was.

after he stopped playing football he took to dressing up like a copper and confiscating drugs, then there was the story about him stealing 2 swans and taking them on the team bus with him...or something like that

Robin Friday would have eaten Mad Mario alive. He had no qualms nutting an opponant or a ref. He was completely off his head but, by all accounts, utterly brilliant, But no big club would touch him as he was too much of a risk. Cardiff and Reading fans of a certain age still chant his name.

Although there's a lad in Barcelona's youth team called Lionel Messi who I think might be pretty handy. He's not made the first team yet but my contacts tell me he's going to be something special.

Your contacts were completely correct. Any other 16 year olds that we have not yet heard of who in 5 years time will be superstars :) :)

Robin Friday would have eaten Mad Mario alive. He had no qualms nutting an opponant or a ref. He was completely off his head but, by all accounts, utterly brilliant, But no big club would touch him as he was too much of a risk. Cardiff and Reading fans of a certain age still chant his name.

Agreed! I have the book too, great read

Your contacts were completely correct. Any other 16 year olds that we have not yet heard of who in 5 years time will be superstars :) :)

Indeed!

What a great shout NV :D

It MUST be Pele.

Which other footballer has scored one thousand goals in his/her career.

Romario for one. And if you include testimonials and non-competitive games in the same way that Pele does, then plenty of others too. And although it was through no fault of his own, because he wasn't allowed to leave Santos, all of his league goals were scored in the less-than brilliant Brazilian league. By that logic there's a guy in Africa who has scored way more top flight league goals in a calendar year than Messi has.

Maradona for me... although that may just be because he was the first superstar footballer I remember. Also I was called Mini Maradona when I used to play football at junior school... not because of my magnificent ball control but because I was fat and had curly hair.

Another 'like' for the Robin Friday book. Read it a few years back. Anyone who soils Lawro's kit back with a freshly laid 'Richard the Third' deserves all the kudos available.

Robin Friday

51VWDP3YDNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

I know he wasn't the GOAT but when people ask that question I always throw his name out and tell people to go and research him and they always come back wanting to know more about him.

speak to any Reading fan about him and they will chew your side holes off for hours about him even though they never actually saw him play.

The villa were interested in signing him but the manager (cant remember who it was at the time) decided that he would never be able to put up with the amount of shite that he caused for Charley Hurley.

and he gave us this magnificent picture

friday.jpg

and more reason than any that he gets the accolade from me is that he volleyed Mark Lawrenson in the face during a game

the man dont give a ****

Â