Pre match chat

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

clearly a game to start young Tim, our season is over and we know what Nakamba can do. He will also probably start vs Burnley and City

I was joking about sacking him but yep that's the answer

Nakamba is not the future 

• Like 1

I've been quite impressed by Palace several times this season but as their league position suggests, they tend to be inconsistent.

Their midfield three of Eze, Gallagher and Zaha look able to create something between them, which might be why Nakamba got the nod.

They tend to draw teams on and exploit the space behind and so Villa will have to avoid getting too gungho.

It looks like two evenly matched teams with hardly anything between them, and we'll get to see which one's already on the beach.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

For the conspiracy theorists - Emi isn't starting for obvious reasons (from 2 days ago) he obviously doesn't want to risk him.

yet the actual quote in the article said nothing like that

Emi Buendia left training yesterday with a knock but trained today so that's no issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

For the conspiracy theorists - Emi isn't starting for obvious reasons (from 2 days ago) he obviously doesn't want to risk him.

So Watkins ‘yet to train all week’ is happily risked, but Buendia ‘should be fine for Palace’ isn’t ‘risked’?

There’s no conspiracy theory here.  Gerard doesn’t want to play Buendia despite him being the best performer since he arrived.

And that’s up to him to decide.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Don't let facts get in the way of people's agenda

What Gerrard said, on Friday, was that Emi picked up a knock "yesterday" (Thursday) but that "he's trained today" (Friday) "so it's no issue".

Edited by robby b

@Zatman I was inclined to agree with you until listening to Villa View pre match yesterday mate. ( With regards to nothing to play for )

Apparently the difference between say 14th and top half is 10 - 15 mill, we defo have something to play for.

Aside from the optics, feel good factor and added attraction of finishing top half of course.

That figure goes some way in wages or transfer fees I'd imagine.

Palace are a good side as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2