Pre match chat

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

If Watkins is out, it's definitely time for Emi and Phil from the off. A back three is the best way to get two 10s onto the pitch.

Martinez

Chambers        Konsa          Mings

Cash              Doug           McGinn            Digne

Buendia      Coutinho

Ings

In my opinion, Ings doesn’t work hard enough to play up front by himself

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 13/05/2022 at 16:09, delboy54 said:

My phone just showed the message "Villa prepare to take on the Eagles"

Think it's a bit of a mismatch us playing against 1970s soft rock/country style musicians who must be too old to play football now surely?

I have gone for a close 2 - 1 win, with Joe Walsh to score for them with a late penalty 

😅

Aside from their old age and being musicians rather than footballers, it's also a bit unfair on them as it's 11 v 4.

Edited by robby b
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'd be nice if they could stop scheduling the roadworks to coincide exactly with our home games.

Thanks for mentioning this. I’ve just googled and it’s the route in I’d usually take - in past the Hawthorns, over Perry Barr interchange and park up just the other side. 

I’ll have to take a different route in and park elsewhere it seems! Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 10:09, delboy54 said:

Think it's a bit of a mismatch us playing against 1970s soft rock/country style musicians who must be too old to play football now surely?

I have gone for a close 2 - 1 win, with Joe Walsh to score for them with a late penalty 

The eagles played in Houston tonight.  That’s an overnight flight to Birmingham.  I hope they could stay in a nice hotel on a dark desert highway and take it easy.  Since glen fry died I think it will be easy for villa in the long run.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Side note - I can’t stand Zaha so I hope he has an awful game. 

If Zaha now plays instead of the the sadly deceased Glen Fry, they have more of a chance. Still think we should have enough - Villa 3-1

17 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

And Mings - didn't he have a run in with Zaha and got sent off the last time Palace came to VP! 

he constantly moans to the ref through his horse like teeth.

On 13/05/2022 at 16:09, delboy54 said:

Should be an easy win. I've heard they're on the beach already. Some sort of accommodation in California apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Talking of football mismatches this one is also quite unequal. Realistically the Watford Long John Silver Impersonators were unlikely to get anything from the game...

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

My team for this game:

.......................Martinez........................

Cash.....Chambers.....Mings.....Digne

......................Nakamba.......................

..............McGinn...........Luiz................

..........Buendia..........Coutinho...........

........................Ings............................

If Ollie is fit then play him instead of Ings although wouldn't be surprised if it's instead of Buendia. Would keep Ramsey on the bench for this but if Gerrard does start him I hope it's for McGinn instead of Luiz who played well as an 8 on Tuesday. Still think Konsa looks shaky so Chambers for me but reckon Gerrard will opt for Konsa again.

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Should be easy enough to get Zaha red card himself.

You'd think so, but he's raised his hands and struck an opposition player in something like seven games this season and not been sent off once.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I always thought Ings plays well, almost always seems to get into dangerous positions, I just think because he hasn’t played as much as usual he is not as sharp as he normally would be, hence some of the inexplicable misses.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'd think so, but he's raised his hands and struck an opposition player in something like seven games this season and not been sent off once.

Irritating player. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think on the face of it he is less suited to playing on his own upfront than Watkins but I don't think this is down to work rate. I also think he can play on his own up front it's just when he has, we've been guilty of not getting the supporting players close enough to him. We can't play exactly the same way as when it is Watkins upfront.

25 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Irritating player. 

Also one of those players who does amazing Individual stuff, moments of brilliance, but ultimately mucks it up in the end, poor shot, trying another turn when it wasn't needed, not picking out his teammate, running into an alley. 

He's also exactly the kind of played who scores against us having watched him do all of the above in his previous 5 games. 

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

My team for this game:

.......................Martinez........................

Cash.....Chambers.....Mings.....Digne

......................Nakamba.......................

..............McGinn...........Luiz................

..........Buendia..........Coutinho...........

........................Ings............................

If Ollie is fit then play him instead of Ings although wouldn't be surprised if it's instead of Buendia. Would keep Ramsey on the bench for this but if Gerrard does start him I hope it's for McGinn instead of Luiz who played well as an 8 on Tuesday. Still think Konsa looks shaky so Chambers for me but reckon Gerrard will opt for Konsa again.

Konsa and Watkins start. Emi bench.