Pre match chat

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

10/17th's.

forgive me for thinking in euros! yep, good motivation though either way, top ten finish, more than half a coutinho, what's not to like?

• Like 2

Never really been a fan of a Sunday afternoon game at Villa Park as the atmosphere tends to be a little flat and much prefer a game under the lights. However, with Coutinho signing in permanently, it may just change that.

Gerrard vs Vieira was a good clash when they played on the pitch and will probably be a good clash on the touch line for a few years to come. They have some real good attacking players, with trickery and pace, so won’t be easy.  However, they’ve had some indifferent performances, so more than beatable.

A couple of changes would be good again to keep the team fresh and one may be enforced if Watkins doesn’t make it. Whether it’s 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-3-2, I’d like to see Coutinho and Buendia back together, especially if we can get another hour out of Nakamba. McGinn probably deserves a rest, with Carney coming in. Let’’s see if dangling a carrot to him again, gets him to sign his contract.

Martinez

Cash         Chambers          Mings          Digne

Nakamba

Carney                           Luiz

Buendia       Coutinho

Ings                         

Subs: Olsen, Konsa, Young, Iroegbunam, Sanson, McGinn, Bailey, Traore, (Watkins or J Ramsey).

Going to say 2-1 win.

Edited by ferguson1

My phone just showed the message "Villa prepare to take on the Eagles"

Think it's a bit of a mismatch us playing against 1970s soft rock/country style musicians who must be too old to play football now surely?

I have gone for a close 2 - 1 win, with Joe Walsh to score for them with a late penalty 

• Haha 4

im looking forward to this one, hopefully it will be great weather on the day. bit annoyed at no direct trains to birmingham, will have to go to rugby and then change which is annoying but oh well. great chance for us to have a strong end to the season here, hopefully the feel good factor around the club regarding the positive performance against liverpool and permenant signing of phil C mean we are in good voice and get behind the team from the off. The palace away fans will certainly back their team

4 hours ago, delboy54 said:

My phone just showed the message "Villa prepare to take on the Eagles"

Think it's a bit of a mismatch us playing against 1970s soft rock/country style musicians who must be too old to play football now surely?

I have gone for a close 2 - 1 win, with Joe Walsh to score for them with a late penalty 

I was thinking it was unfair cos they had pads and helmets and are allowed to pick the ball up

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Never really been a fan of a Sunday afternoon game at Villa Park as the atmosphere tends to be a little flat and much prefer a game under the lights. However, with Coutinho signing in permanently, it may just change that.

Gerrard vs Vieira was a good clash when they played on the pitch and will probably be a good clash on the touch line for a few years to come. They have some real good attacking players, with trickery and pace, so won’t be easy.  However, they’ve had some indifferent performances, so more than beatable.

A couple of changes would be good again to keep the team fresh and one may be enforced if Watkins doesn’t make it. Whether it’s 4-3-2-1 or 4-1-3-2, I’d like to see Coutinho and Buendia back together, especially if we can get another hour out of Nakamba. McGinn probably deserves a rest, with Carney coming in. Let’’s see if dangling a carrot to him again, gets him to sign his contract.

Martinez

Cash         Chambers          Mings          Digne

Nakamba

Carney                           Luiz

Buendia       Coutinho

Ings                         

Subs: Olsen, Konsa, Young, Iroegbunam, Sanson, McGinn, Bailey, Traore, (Watkins or J Ramsey).

Going to say 2-1 win.

That's a good team, I like it!

• Thanks 1

Never a fan of Sunday afternoon kick offs but ive always maintained the FA Cup final should be a stand alone fixture on the Saturday ( I know you have forest - sheff Utd ) but premier league games shouldn’t be played so yeah im glad they’ve reverted to the original way it was. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hippo said:

Easy win with Palace pretty much on the beach.

Didn't they win their last game?

They're tough to break down and have pace and skill on the break. However our recent record is decent particularly at VP.

Will go for 2-2.

On 12/05/2022 at 18:21, OutByEaster? said:

Just as an aside, people might think this game means nothing in the scheme of things - but there are five points between 15th and 10th and we're slap bang in the middle of that - the difference between those two positions is something like £10m in prize money - about two thirds of a Coutinho - beating Palace and Burnley will make us more money than the season ticket uplift and could make a difference to our summer.

Or far more money that the increase in season tickets we all have to pay.

• Like 1

If Watkins is out, it's definitely time for Emi and Phil from the off. A back three is the best way to get two 10s onto the pitch.

Martinez

Chambers        Konsa          Mings

Cash              Doug           McGinn            Digne

Buendia      Coutinho

Ings

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'd be nice if they could stop scheduling the roadworks to coincide exactly with our home games.

That area has been a nightmare for months now, proper dragged it out with the works. they don't give a ****, as long as it looks pretty and completed for the commonwealth games.