The Re-hashed, Back door European Super League Scandal

So as was obviously going to happen with the corrupt scummy 6 clubs, who of course recently had their shocking 'European Super League Breakaway" Quashed by a huge fan revolt globally. Uefa have and the Premier League have now re-jigged it all and are slipping it in via the back door. As you will read in the below article they secretly had a plan all along to effectively cave in to those scummy, super greedy, anti-football club owners who want nothing more than to hoover up all the £££$$$$'s and likely destroy the spirit of the game, which they care nothing about, en route!

So basically the FA cup winners will be allowed access to the "Champions" (I know laughable as the vast majority are not actually champions) League but only if they have recently, I.E over the last 10 years (Not historically as claimed) done well in the competition. So effectively if we, Palace, Southampton or Wolves / West Ham won it we would not qualify but if Chelsea, Liverpool or any of the other scummy 6 won it they would! Shocking and a disgrace if you ask me.... Oh & there is more too =, Have a read of this despicable article.

CLICKY

Many Premier League clubs opposing UEFA's plans for Champions League wildcards for sides with historic success in Europe

UEFA Executive Committee expected to ratify new plans on May 10; wildcard qualifying places handed out on historic Champions League performance; that could see all of the Big Six qualify; idea for some FA Cup winners - but not all - to qualify for Champions League also being debated

I tend to think that this while this will cause issues, there will be such competition for even the top 8 in England, with all the money in the prem and all the stars it can attract over Italy or Germany or Spain - that the two underperformers of the traditional big six, won't even be getting 5th and 6th spot. This idea probably suits other leagues more than the prem. 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I tend to think that this while this will cause issues, there will be such competition for even the top 8 in England, with all the money in the prem and all the stars it can attract over Italy or Germany or Spain - that the two underperformers of the traditional big six, won't even be getting 5th and 6th spot. This idea probably suits other leagues more than the prem. 

I am also sure the the 2 wild card spots you have to finish in 5th in your league to get them

I think I read the 2 that would get them if the tables stopped it would be Roma and RB Leipzig. Spurs not playing the Europa game has cost them ranking points

• Like 1

Wonder what happens this year when the Russian clubs are not allowed in the CL. Maybe they can gift a spot or 2 to whoever misses out from Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelski.

• Thanks 1

The Premier league chairmen refer to this as 'leapfrogging' where a team gains something through their co-efficient rather than sporting merit.

We've unfortunately got six clubs who now need Champions league money to sustain their business models - they can't afford for anyone else to get involved and they can't afford for any of the six to miss out - the underlying reasoning behind all this is "six into four don't go".

I am happy we have a dog in this fight and for all that there might be criticisms of him from some quarters, I reckon Mr Purslow is capable of being a pretty big obstacle when he feels like it.

From something that Steve Parish (I think) said, Premier league meetings at the moment are a bit of a warzone - with the six on one side and the rest of the Premier league on the other - and it's vital that the fourteen win this one or we'll lose the game forever.

Fan noise will definitely have a part to play.

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Personally I think the Champions League should just have the top 32 teams with the highest turnover and social media followers to play in their sealed off morally vacuous cesspit of a competition. That is what they basically want.

Playing in such beautiful, European ‘fringe’ cities, such as *checks notes* Doha

One of the reasons the ESL failed was that the clubs cut UEFA out of the money - going again with UEFA getting their cut is a much more dangerous proposition.

Do people think this is an area that Tracy Crouch and the government group should get into? If so, how?

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

One of the reasons the ESL failed was that the clubs cut UEFA out of the money - going again with UEFA getting their cut is a much more dangerous proposition.

Do people think this is an area that Tracy Crouch and the government group should get into? If so, how?

not sure if she could, in theory these clubs would still be in the PL which wouldnt be impacted, its the CL that would be rehashed, proper have your cake and eat it stuff

agree that getting UEFA on board is the answer if they really want it to happen, the issue is UEFA with the 1 FA 1 vote stuff will always have a certain element of openness for the champions of bulgaria and hungary etc but at the same time those teams want a fixture vs man utd not aston villa, the danger would be that its the PL and the other top leagues that become more and more closed to other teams, as long as BATE can join in no one will care if its the same 6 PL teams

If these dickheads at the Premier League binned off Sky and BT and made their own broadcasting department (like F1 who controls everything) and went down the Netflix model they’d make so much more money. 

Then those scum 6 would have more competition but they’d have more money too. 

However we can’t ever allow individual broadcast deals that will end football. 

Im not sure which other leagues have a collective tv deal.

Real n Barca used to make silly money before I think they changed to a collective deal in Spain. Correct me if I’m wrong on this (?)

19 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The worst thing of all this is that somehow Spurs are considered one of the Big Six. I mean, come on 😁

But, but, but, they was in the Super League you know... huge club....

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Juve and Barca owners should be keeping a close eye on this LIVGolf thing.

Golf becoming F1 with teams and shorter play. 

The four majors look like letting all the players who have signed up complete in their events so I think that's it for the PGA and other tours. They're done.

One global tour could survive because you need to get the players from somewhere to provide for this Liv league. Won't be much money in it though.

A slight aside I watched the national League play offs on TV recently.

I was amazed how different that game is to PL football - not in terms of ability. But no VAR, far less diving, and running up to the referee every 30 seconds - to be honest it was like 1970s football - it was great.

TBH I'd bin PL football myself - but as I home in on the big 60 - I think I need to keep &  expand interests not reduce them. 

But PL is all hype and not much substance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Expell the 6 from the Premier League. Let ‘em see how they cope with their own little competition. Most fans in this country would simply not watch their games. Boredom would soon kick in. 

Problem is they dont care for homegrown fans

Just today I have seen an ad on Youtube today that Liverpool and City will play each other in Seoul and 2 other other major cities this summer 

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Problem is they dont care for homegrown fans

Just today I have seen an ad on Youtube today that Liverpool and City will play each other in Seoul and 2 other other major cities this summer 

We're playing Leeds in Australia.   Same thing 😜

Â