Clicking 'Next' or the following numbered page brings me to the bottom of that page

BOF

Question

I've noticed this past few weeks that whenever I'm trying to move from one page of a thread to the next page - whether I use the specific page number link or the 'Next' link, the page loads but brings me straight to the bottom of the new page rather than to the top of it where I want to continue reading. It's not a biggie but it's annoying. Anyone else getting this too?

4 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've noticed this past few weeks that whenever I'm trying to move from one page of a thread to the next page - whether I use the specific page number link or the 'Next' link, the page loads but brings me straight to the bottom of the new page rather than to the top of it where I want to continue reading. It's not a biggie but it's annoying. Anyone else getting this too?

Sometimes. I did a test on the VP redevelopment thread from page 147 to 148 and ended up in the middle. It might be that the software struggles when there are a bunch of embedded pics and tweets?

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Sometimes. I did a test on the VP redevelopment thread from page 147 to 148 and ended up in the middle. It might be that the software struggles when there are a bunch of embedded pics and tweets?

No it's not a staggered loading issue. I get put at the bottom straight away even before things like tweets get resolved. In fact you might be getting what i'm getting which is that you're put at the bottom and the loading of tweets actually pushes you up the page as it gets longer.

39 minutes ago, limpid said:

@BOF Did clearing the cache help?

Just cleared it there and yes, that seems to have stopped it from happening. Cheers Simon.