Better Call Saul - The Final Season (untagged spoilers!)

Stevo985

Wow, what a return.

Burying two of the main characters from BCS into the lab was genius writing, so poignant. 

That look from Mike at the end as if to say we’re all ending up here at some point.

• Like 3

Absolutely brilliant episode to mark its return. So poignant. 

So many tiny details that just matter so much.

The way Mike told the heavies to go easy when they were about to throw Howard into the grave, but he didn't give a shit about how they handled Lalo. Almost made me well up, Howard isn't in the game and he didn't deserve that, and Mike knew.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jimmy clearly didnt believe Mike when he said Lalo isnt coming back. When he was kidnapped by Jesse & Walt in BB, he thought it was Lalo or Nacho 

Yep and the other nod to a BB scene was Gus telling Lalo that he would let Hector Salamanca know that he had killed his entire lineage. And that's exactly what he does in his final scene in Breaking Bad.

Either Gilligan had BCS in his head already when he made BB, or he's just intertwined the BCS storyline into BB perfectly.

I don't know which is more impressive

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep and the other nod to a BB scene was Gus telling Lalo that he would let Hector Salamanca know that he had killed his entire lineage. And that's exactly what he does in his final scene in Breaking Bad.

Either Gilligan had BCS in his head already when he made BB, or he's just intertwined the BCS storyline into BB perfectly.

I don't know which is more impressive

I think it's the latter. He'd never have assumed there'd ever be a spin-off to BB and that Saul would be such a successful (minor) character in BB.

I think they probably trawled the BB storyline to see what they could use.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely brilliant episode to mark its return. So poignant. 

So many tiny details that just matter so much.

The way Mike told the heavies to go easy when they were about to throw Howard into the grave, but he didn't give a shit about how they handled Lalo. Almost made me well up, Howard isn't in the game and he didn't deserve that, and Mike knew.

Yeah I noticed the 'go easy', and then the way he paused over the grave. @AVFCDAN might be right that it was him thinking 'we're all ending up like this', but I like to think he was taking a moment to respect Howard, who didn't deserve to be there. Maybe a bit of both. Either way, a really poignant scene. I think I need to watch that episode again now.

Where does it go from here? A lot of that episode felt like the series' endgame but we've still got six episodes to go. The downfall of Kim and Saul and the return of Jesse and Walt is obviously to play out but I'm wondering what else! Don Eladio making some sort of big play?

32 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Where does it go from here? A lot of that episode felt like the series' endgame but we've still got six episodes to go. The downfall of Kim and Saul and the return of Jesse and Walt is obviously to play out but I'm wondering what else! Don Eladio making some sort of big play?

I'm hoping there's at least one full episode set after Breaking Bad.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Milfner said:

I thought we only had 3 left after the mid-season break. You're right, it's 6, so 5 still left. That's a bonus :)

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Did seem as if another half an hour of wrap would have taken us into BB.

Kim being the biggest loose end to solve.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I think it's the latter. He'd never have assumed there'd ever be a spin-off to BB and that Saul would be such a successful (minor) character in BB.

I think they probably trawled the BB storyline to see what they could use.

Yeah I think I agree. But it's still very impressive that their continuity is so on point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yeah I noticed the 'go easy', and then the way he paused over the grave. @AVFCDAN might be right that it was him thinking 'we're all ending up like this', but I like to think he was taking a moment to respect Howard, who didn't deserve to be there. Maybe a bit of both. Either way, a really poignant scene. I think I need to watch that episode again now.

Yeah I interpreted it the same way as you

Â