Better Call Saul - The Final Season (untagged spoilers!)

Stevo985

So glad I gave this programme a second go. Am now fully up to date with it. 

One thing is has made me feel was nostalgic for a clam/flip phone again 😁

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 07:02, TheAuthority said:

Lalo is just so........ sexy and like-able.

Now I understand those women who write to prisoners :D

Absolutely. Tonnes of charisma. 

And while sexy probably isn’t the first word that comes to mind when I think of Bob Odenkirk, likeable definitely is. He was on Bill Maher’s show the other week, and on Conan O’Brien’s podcast a while ago, and he interviews as probably the nicest, funniest guy in showbiz.

I can never quite get over the small details they squeeze in. The toilet in the dumpster in the latest episode serves no real purpose but I love that it was there. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Hope next weeks is a blinder because the last 3 have been dull to say the least!

I can't quite believe you said that. There is so much tension building into what I'm sure is going to be an absolute barnstormer of an episode and then final half to the season.

Shame on you! In Vince we trust!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I can't quite believe you said that. There is so much tension building into what I'm sure is going to be an absolute barnstormer of an episode and then final half to the season.

Shame on you! In Vince we trust!

I have zero interest in the Sual and  Kim trying to **** Howard over storyline. All the Mike, Gus, Lalo and the cartel stuff is great though 

On 17/05/2022 at 23:13, choffer said:

I can never quite get over the small details they squeeze in. The toilet in the dumpster in the latest episode serves no real purpose but I love that it was there. 

The bottle of liquor he was trying to buy...

21 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Hope next weeks is a blinder because the last 3 have been dull to say the least!

Dull would be absolutely the last word I'd use to describe it.

Slow? yes

Dull? Absolutely not 

• Like 3

Wow.

I watched that with my sleeping 3-day old daughter lying on me. I don’t think she appreciated the involuntary f-bomb I blurted out at the end!

Shocking to say the least but it was inevitable when Howard turned up at the apartment after Lalo had seen the cockroach (having referred to Saul as one in an episode last season).

I’ve actually found myself feeling quite sympathetic towards Howard these past couple of seasons. He was a really entertaining character (possible even more watchable than Lalo IMO), perfectly played, and that was quite an upsetting ending for him. I guess it was the perfect way to blend Jimmy/Saul’s two worlds, though.

At least I can start taking Lalo seriously again after his international escapades and someone pointing out to me how much he looks like Steven Toast.

• Like 2

Excellent episode. This show is so **** good. 

One thing I didn’t quite get…

Spoiler

what did Lalo realise when he hung up the phone before he spoke to his uncle and then went mental with the chair?

i assume he realised his phone was tapped. But how?

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hide contents

what did Lalo realise when he hung up the phone before he spoke to his uncle and then went mental with the chair?

I believe he realised phone was tapped from the crackling noise the phone made while he was on hold.

One thing the I cant remember from previous season and it's a big one is what did Jimmy do to lalo. 

I remember he helped get him off bail but was he a part of the plot to kill him

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah he sussed the bugged line straight away from the crackle and knew he couldn't tell Hector the truth .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phily85 said:

One thing the I cant remember from previous season and it's a big one is what did Jimmy do to lalo. 

I remember he helped get him off bail but was he a part of the plot to kill him

Jimmy/Saul was Lalo’s lawyer in his murder charge and went to collect $7m bail money from the twins at the border. He got ambushed by mercenaries sent by Bolsonaro (I think) on the way back but Mike saved him, then asked him to lie to Lalo about what really happened (I can’t remember why exactly). Lalo was driving to Mexico with Nacho when he found Saul’s car pushed off a cliff, riddled with bullet holes, so turned back and went to Saul’s apartment to find out the truth, but Kim managed to talk him round. 

After that, Saul knew that Lalo was going to be ‘taken care of’ but didn’t have anything to do with making it happen.

Yes, I’ve recently re-watched season 5 😄

I’m not too sure why Lalo came back to Saul’s in this episode. Maybe because he was introduced to him by Nacho?

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, JB said:

Jimmy/Saul was Lalo’s lawyer in his murder charge and went to collect $7m bail money from the twins at the border. He got ambushed by mercenaries sent by Bolsonaro (I think) on the way back but Mike saved him, then asked him to lie to Lalo about what really happened (I can’t remember why exactly). Lalo was driving to Mexico with Nacho when he found Saul’s car pushed off a cliff, riddled with bullet holes, so turned back and went to Saul’s apartment to find out the truth, but Kim managed to talk him round. 

After that, Saul knew that Lalo was going to be ‘taken care of’ but didn’t have anything to do with making it happen.

Yes, I’ve recently re-watched season 5 😄

I’m not too sure why Lalo came back to Saul’s in this episode. Maybe because he was introduced to him by Nacho?

Thanks for that 

Seems I havnt really forgotten anything then just assumed I had

the missing pieces will  be filled in  future episodes hopefully.

And just got to say wow what an episodes today's was

• Like 1

Â