Easter Weekend Football 15/17 April

andykeenan

Fair play to Brighton, North london double in a week. Another team we're probably not finishing above then....

Man. United bench today:

Henderson, Bailey, Phil Jones (yes he's still there), Wan-Bisaaka, Mejbri, Garnacho, Matic, Mata, Rashford

Arsenal bench:

Leno, Holding, Ogungbo, Swanson, Elneny, Azeez, Hutchinson, Pepe, Smith Rowe.

Just imagine how unfair it would be with the splitter six having 5 subs next season with those options. 😂😉

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Good to see Spurs not turning up against someone that isn’t us. Shock horror.

They didn't turn up first half last week either. You just can't miss endless chances like Ings did and expect to get things out of the game I'm afraid. Based on evidence today though someone like Bissouma would make a difference v top half teams so we certainly need to sign that type of DM.

Genuinely wonder where we'd be in the league if we'd kept Grealish for 12 months given none of Spurs, Arsenal or Man. United are even on 60 points with most of the season completed. Give us another 12 points and we'd still have a decent chance of finishing top 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Potter is quality, said all along I wanted him here. Whoever gets him will do well.

He gets plenty of stick but I do think he's one English coach who's style would translate well to a top club, bit like Rodgers at Swansea a decade ago.

Edit: Would certainly have more confidence in his style working for us than Gerrard's.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Been a few years on the trot now that no one wants 4th, the consistency of the teams fighting for it at this stage of the season isn't much better than the mid table teams 

Apart from when we were in contention under O'Neill and you needed 70 + points in those days.

There's a real gulf below 3rd in the league this season that's for sure. Don't think Man. United will be much better next season, Arsenal could if they get a top CF in but will still have vulnerability if they lose a few defenders and Spurs will still probably lose Kane if they miss 4th.

All the more reason for us to start pulling our finger out and start signing good players in key positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He gets plenty of stick but I do think he's one English coach who's style would translate well to a top club, bit like Rodgers at Swansea a decade ago.

Net spend is rather low too, would have loved to see what he can do with a bigger budget. They rarely get battered because of how well they keep the ball, if they can slowly improve the quality of the attackers in that team they will go far.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Net spend is rather low too, would have loved to see what he can do with a bigger budget. They rarely get battered because of how well they keep the ball, if they can slowly improve the quality of the attackers in that team they will go far.

They do have decent attackers tbf, I mean Trossard has games when he looks world class like today. Maupay is a decent mid table prem striker.

Think it's a case they just take endless touches around the box when they should shoot a bit quicker and presentable shots get blocked or saved more easily.

19 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Potter is quality, said all along I wanted him here. Whoever gets him will do well.

Knows how to park the bus, 13 games drawn this season, the odd lucky win. An that Brighton team is not that bad, Bissouma, Maupay, Cucurella, Trossard,, Lamptey and even Welbeck scores goals.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Knows how to park the bus, 13 games drawn this season, the odd lucky win. An that Brighton team is not that bad, Bissouma, Maupay, Cucurella, Trossard,, Lamptey and even Welbeck scores goals.

They usually dominate possession though. 

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Apart from when we were in contention under O'Neill and you needed 70 + points in those days.

There's a real gulf below 3rd in the league this season that's for sure. Don't think Man. United will be much better next season, Arsenal could if they get a top CF in but will still have vulnerability if they lose a few defenders and Spurs will still probably lose Kane if they miss 4th.

All the more reason for us to start pulling our finger out and start signing good players in key positions.

Think theres a gulf betwene the top 2 and the rest in fairness. Tuchel has done well at Chelsea but I dont think theres a huge difference between them. Arsenal and Spurs. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Think theres a gulf betwene the top 2 and the rest in fairness. Tuchel has done well at Chelsea but I dont think theres a huge difference between them. Arsenal and Spurs. 

This is true. 7 changes for Man City today, in the cup!!!  Yeah 5 subs gonna be well fair for the rest of us!

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is true. 7 changes for Man City today, in the cup!!!  Yeah 5 subs gonna be well fair for the rest of us!

Wonder what the cost of those 7 changes alone is. It's a farce.

Saw klopp moaning about kick off times, he actually says it's why an English team hasn't won the quadruple and it wouldn't happen in Spain, Italy or Germany 

People don't want a quadruple winner, when these clowns get that? Bayern smash everyone every year, good for them, we don't want that shit 

These 2 pricks are dangerous, the media love them, the decision makers will let them shape English football for years to come and it will be in Liverpool and city's favour

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wonder what the cost of those 7 changes alone is. It's a farce.

I remember when Lambert made loads of changes for an FA cup game, I can’t remember who against (Arsenal?) and the media were saying it was against the spirit of the cup, they did a 1 hour chat about it on Soccer Saturday calling it out.

When it’s these two, it’s silence.