The Strikers

Delphinho123

Ings and Watkins squandered about 5 good chances last night.

I like them both, but we need to be ruthless.

We need someone who can bury those chances, not continually take clumsy first touches or wait too long to shoot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Ings and Watkins squandered about 5 good chances last night.

I like them both, but we need to be ruthless.

We need someone who can bury those chances, not continually take clumsy first touches or wait too long to shoot.

Not easy to find,  any suggestions on who? 

21 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think people just think if we spend £60-70m on a striker all our goal scoring worries will be over, and that player will bang in 20+ goals.  

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think people just think if we spend £60-70m on a striker all our goal scoring worries will be over, and that player will bang in 20+ goals.  

Crazy that people think that trying to find and buy a quality striker who has clinical finishing ability, and service from the likes Coutinho and Buendia might have a chance to strive for 20 goals in season.  Where do these lunatics get their ambitions from?  Yes, incredibly hard to hit 20 goals in a season, in fact very few hit 20 goals, so why even bother eh!

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Crazy that people think that trying to find and buy a quality striker who has clinical finishing ability, and service from the likes Coutinho and Buendia might have a chance to strive for 20 goals in season.  Where do these lunatics get their ambitions from?  Yes, incredibly hard to hit 20 goals in a season, in fact very few hit 20 goals, so why even bother eh!

giphy.gif

Maybe someone like Ings?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don't know, I don't have a job with the club's scouting department. Hopefully they can identify a player that fits the bill. Could Archer be that clinical finisher we need?

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

giphy.gif

Who’s available?  Tammy Abraham has a buyback of £60m o so, but he’s only hit 15 goals in Serie A, Danny Ings could equal that easily, finding an upgrade for the money is going to be difficult, we’re talking Van nistelrooy , Aguero type finishers here, Haaland’s off to City so do we go for Lewandowski? Nah bit unrealistic that.

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I don't know, I don't have a job with the club's scouting department

Well that’s reassuring to know. Fingers crossed some people in the scouting and recruitment department are at least a bit more clued up, or at least lucky. 

1 hour ago, AVFCGB said:

Brian Little or Gary Shaw and we get a point minimum.  We need a one in one/one in two striker and Ings or Watkins aren’t it.  

I dont think platt would have missed those two Ings chances either.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Nketiah?  Sell one of Watkins or ings and bring in a free.  Could do a lot worse

Nketiah seems to be in Arteta’s plans, and he’s not even a upgrade.

Edited by gwi1890

12 minutes ago, Adman said:

If west ham want Watkins for £40 odd mill and Nketiahs free then I don't see what's FIFA about that

Sorry but this is highly unlikely, unless we can bring someone better than Watkins in what’s the point strengthening a rival.

Â