How many points does Gerrard need to keep his job?

YLN

How many points does Gerrard need to keep his job?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What is the minimum number of points you require this season for Gerrard to keep his job?

• 52 (+16)
    • 48 (+12)
    • 46 (+10)
    • 44 (+8)
    • 42 (+6)
    • 40 (+4)
    • No minimum - I want him to keep the job regardless

This poll is closed to new votes

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Given we've still got Liverpool and Man. City left the reality is we're heading for a bottom 6 finish now.

Brighton capable of results we're not and are 4 clear of us and Brentford one of most inform teams in the league.

In no way imo is a 15th or even 16th place finish acceptable given where we were after Leeds away and who we signed in January.

I'm not saying hound him out of the club as we have had good results under him in spells but worrying to me how stale and flat things have become under his management already and in most situations you don't tend to give managers 100m + to spend if the vibe isn't great so that's my concern.

If we finish bottom 6 is no way he can continue except that he is Purslows buddy. We have spent enough and sacrificed stuff on him 

Truth is if he was a foreigner he would be gone like Pepe Mel or Juande Ramos 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It’s obvious what he must do to win the Villa fans over. Take points off Liverpool in the middle of their title race. And look happy about it.

spacer.png 

spacer.png 

• Haha 1

So 38% of users who voted in the poll would not fire Gerrard if Villa got zero points from the final 11 games of the season,  which is a bizarre enough viewpoint.

Of the fans who are not happy for a manager to lose 11 games in a row, i.e. the non insane cohort, 78% require a return of 8 points or more from the next 7 games, and 50% would have him sacked if he doesn't get at least 10 points from the final 7.

Obviously it's not particularly fair to discount 38% of the vote, but I dont actually believe an 11 game losing run to end the season wouldn't result in these fans calling for his head. So i view those votes as being just in opposition to the poll in general rather than reflecting their true opinion.

8 points from the next seven games Stevie, or you're gone pal. 8 points from an available 33 to end the season isn't too much to ask surely.

It's easy to say now that if he lost the all the remaining games we should still keep him on, but should that dreaded vision come to pass, then people would soon change their mind, I doubt there would be a single person on here or elsewhere saying he should keep his job.