Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

Think it was the city thread I said it in, when I saw him play for ajax under ten Hag he was a good player, saw him play for koemans barca and he was a pub player, couldn't rise above the misery that was that team 

So it'll be interesting to see how he does at utd, he's obviously better than what they have but when the chips are down and they're not playing well and the fans are having their little protests I don't think he's a guy for the trenches 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Think it was the city thread I said it in, when I saw him play for ajax under ten Hag he was a good player, saw him play for koemans barca and he was a pub player, couldn't rise above the misery that was that team 

So it'll be interesting to see how he does at utd, he's obviously better than what they have but when the chips are down and they're not playing well and the fans are having their little protests I don't think he's a guy for the trenches 

He has probably done the best from that Ajax team, De Ligt has been a terrible signing, Ziyech might be good but Chelsea rarely play him and Van De Beek is a myth at this stage. Most of the other players stayed but Neres randomly went to Ukraine and Onana will go to Inter this summer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mazraoui confirmed to Bayern on a free

gives them loads of options

id guess that they keep pavard, sule is going, that means that pavard will cover right CB position in a back 4 or back 3, with davies they can play a proper back 5 with kimmich central whereas for a lot of the time ive seen them this year they've played a back 3 with kimmich and goretzka in CM

can see them wanting another CB still though, noise in the papers about nianzou not being ready and they dont like his attitude so he'll go out on loan

54 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I dont think Ziyech is up to much either. A poor mans zaha. 

Ziyech, like many players across the league, should be playing somewhere every week. Starting a player 1 in 5 games and expecting something special from him is unrealistic. 

Regular game time brings out form.

Loads of reports from usually credible people that M'bappe has said no to Real and is staying at PSG.

That's a massive blow for Real, especially with Haaland already gone and Lewa looking to sign for Barca.

Obviously Benzema is fantastic but they've been certain they were going to get M'bappe for a year now.

Reports of €300m signing bonus and €100m a season AFTER tax, apparently. Also more dubious reports he has power to influence the coach and sporting director plus approve signings and sales. WTF.

Newcastle, City and PSG should be **** off to their own little league to be the oil barons play-things.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Loads of reports from usually credible people that M'bappe has said no to Real and is staying at PSG.

That's a massive blow for Real, especially with Haaland already gone and Lewa looking to sign for Barca.

Obviously Benzema is fantastic but they've been certain they were going to get M'bappe for a year now.

Is Lewandowski to Barca a thing? If it is, don’t be surprised if Barca are back competing on all fronts again next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Is Lewandowski to Barca a thing? If it is, don’t be surprised if Barca are back competing on all fronts again next season.

apparently Barcelona can just invent money to buy players and UEFA and La Liga seem fine with it

Lewandowski wants out but Bayern arent letting him leave

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

apparently Barcelona can just invent money to buy players and UEFA and La Liga seem fine with it

Lewandowski wants out but Bayern arent letting him leave

Yeah, it’s obviously ridiculous and they should be nowhere near being in a position where they can sign players in that price range. 

Fair enough for Lewa to want a new challenge, though, I suppose.

100m€ a year after tax in France is 250m€ a year

Or 4.8m€ per week

You then go on Wikipedia and look at who earns the most money in teams sports and you see that messi deal at the top which was leaked by the barca presidents team and was also blatantly bullshit and that was 3m€ a week, 2nd place is mahomes in the NFL on 770k€ per week, 3rd is tout in MLB on 640k€ per week

So messis barca deal has now ended, means the current highest deal in world sports is 770k€ per week... And mbappe is about to sign one for 4.8m€ per week? Same with messi I'm calling bullshit 

Edit - forbes will do it a slightly more realistic way, they say that messi in 2021 earned the most out of any athlete and he got 124m€ pre tax last year for wages and endorsements, mbappe this year pre tax will get bonus + salary of 550m€ not including endorsements? Nah, no chance 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

If Mbappe gets to pick manager and sporting director, plus has the final word on transfers, that makes him the most powerful person at the club by far.

Being manager at PSG already looked like a humiliating job. Having to please ageing primadonna’s who can’t be arsed to work off the ball and must never be subbed. Now with one of the players effectively in charge, if Mbappe doesn’t like your gameplan you’ll have to make a new one.

What decent manager would take the job?

On 12/05/2022 at 13:33, Mr_Dogg said:

Ziyech, like many players across the league, should be playing somewhere every week. Starting a player 1 in 5 games and expecting something special from him is unrealistic. 

Regular game time brings out form.

A lot of players would rather be bit part players at big clubs than play regularly for someone slightly smaller. 

Getting paid more for less work. 

Â