Best actor of the newer generation? (what a choice!)

BOF

Who is the best newer generation actor?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best newer generation actor?

• Johnny Depp
    • Joaquin Phoenix
    • Daniel Day-Lewis
    • Phillip Seymour-Hoffman
    • Edward Norton
    • Jake Gyllenhaal
    • Ryan Gosling
    • Leonardo Di Caprio
    • Russell Crowe
    • Christian Bale

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of support for Daniel Day-Lewis, he wouldn't make my top six from that list and I can honestly say he's never been in a ingle film I've enjoyed.

He clearly takes himself extremely seriously, I'm surprised so many other people do too, for me it's a triumph of image over talent.

It's possible you're missing something about him Scott :P For me, no-one else could've played Daniel Plainview in 'There will be blood' the way he did. Genuinely awesome performance for me.

I'm glad Depp is doing so well. I rate him very highly but I thought his 'quirkiness' would've turned others off him. He seems to have been forgiven for Pirates :)

Hopefully the Batman movies make more people realise how much of a fantastic actor he is.

I think it's already generally regarded that he's one of the very best actors around tbf :)

He's certainly good enough to make a VT poll. :nod: :winkold:

It's possible you're missing something about him Scott :P

Maybe. I think it might be that I just don't like the man. Not sure why.

Who, Doug Ellis? ;-)

Hopefully the Batman movies make more people realise how much of a fantastic actor he is.

I think it's already generally regarded that he's one of the very best actors around tbf :)

Fair point, but there are still far too many people who will give you a puzzled look if you mention Christian Bale.

Â