Consistency

Delphinho123

Why is it, we seem to consistently go from winning to losing in bulk? What happened to winning and then backing it up with a draw? Do we ever draw football matches anymore? Why do we have to lose 3/4 on the bounce followed by winning a couple? 

It cost Smith his job but it seems to be a problem with Gerrard too. Can’t we just grind out a few 1-1 / 0-0 draws against teams around/above us? 

Its f****** frustrating. How many games this season have we lost by one goal? I bet it’s a fair few. We can’t seem to master the art of drawing when games are close. We just lose instead. 

Mid table team with a mid table squad doing mid table things. 

The problem is the leap to get into the top 6 or so is absolutely huge. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why is it, we seem to consistently go from winning to losing in bulk? What happened to winning and then backing it up with a draw? Do we ever draw football matches anymore? Why do we have to lose 3/4 on the bounce followed by winning a couple? 

It cost Smith his job but it seems to be a problem with Gerrard too. Can’t we just grind out a few 1-1 / 0-0 draws against teams around/above us? 

Its f****** frustrating. How many games this season have we lost by one goal? I bet it’s a fair few. We can’t seem to master the art of drawing when games are close. We just lose instead. 

The one goal thing is really annoying. I think it's our last 6 or 7 losses have been by one goal, while our wins have been by 2, 3 or 4 goals. Does that tell us that we're close to being a decent side? Im not sure.

If we could convert a lot of those narrow defeats into draws we'd be far nearer european spots. No points from Wolves, West Ham and Arsenal this season. Teams that we should really be competing with. 

Â