Small Heath v Albion 

Premier League 

Super Sunday 

West Ham v Everton 2pm SS2

Spurs v Newcastle 4.30pm SS2

MOTD 2 10.30pm

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Brennan Johnson will be in the top flight next season even if Forest **** it up.

I think he is better than Watkins (no disrespect) already, has only been playing as a striker for a few months but those 2 finishes were top class. Puts in a shift too. They will make good money for him if they don't go up so can reinvest in making Davis a permanent and if they go up they can afford to buy Davis too. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I think he is better than Watkins (no disrespect) already, has only been playing as a striker for a few months but those 2 finishes were top class. Puts in a shift too. They will make good money for him if they don't go up so can reinvest in making Davis a permanent and if they go up they can afford to buy Davis too. 

Brentford had a couple of bids rejected so they'll be back in the summer.

I still think Forest have got an outside chance of 2nd personally so they will just keep him if they go up.

Johnson is a good player, but Watkins was getting similar numbers to what Johnson has now when he was playing on the wing in the championship, and when he he played through the middle he was top scorer in the division and also player of the season, and he's since proven himself at Premier League level and become an England international, so I think it's a stretch to to say that Johnson is better than him, it's always hard to judge championship players, some look world beaters at that level but struggle to make the step up.

Also we already have a number of wide forwards, Traore, Buendia, Bailey, and then the likes of Archer, Chukwuemeka, and Philogene-Bidace that can all play there, and possibly Coutinho as well, so it becomes a question of whether Johnson would be a significant upgrade on those, truth be told if we're looking to seriously challenge top six then we're probably need more proven players that have shown they can do it at an higher level in the starting line up, because of the young talents we already have I'm not sure if he's someone we will be looking at.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Joe Gomez looks terrible, wouldn't be signing him at all as he isn't much better than Chambers.

He showed that very clearly in the 7-2 game too. I don't believe we were ever interested.

Arrgghh these types of VAR decisions are infuriating. Always seem to go to the "bigger" clubs. We had one other day where Mings was being held and VAR didnt even look at it.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â