Weekends Football 18/20 March

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is Carragher a closet Leeds fan or is it just mandatory for all sky sports staff now?

All the media are de facto Leeds fans. Newcastle too. Dunno why they love them but they do.

That red card decision would be pretty hard to take if you were a fan of one of the teams in the bottom three. There wasn’t even a challenge made and he’s got a second booking that could easily be what keeps Leeds up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

That red card decision would be pretty hard to take if you were a fan of one of the teams in the bottom three. There wasn’t even a challenge made and he’s got a second booking that could easily be what keeps Leeds up.

Happened at about the same point in the season as our hawkeye decision against Sheffield United.  There's still a lot of football to play and one decision does not define a league season.

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

All the media are de facto Leeds fans. Newcastle too. Dunno why they love them but they do.

It is bizarre how hated we are in comparison (Carragher excepted as he seems to like us). It's like they love a fallen giant getting back to the big time and pushing on,  except when it's us.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

It is bizarre how hated we are in comparison (Carragher excepted as he seems to like us). It's like they love a fallen giant getting back to the big time and pushing on,  except when it's us.

Not sure if we're "hated" as such, but we're certainly not exactly liked.

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Happened at about the same point in the season as our hawkeye decision against Sheffield United.  There's still a lot of football to play and one decision does not define a league season.

Oh I completely agree one decision doesn’t define a league season. However a 7 point gap from the bottom three is psychologically huge when compared to a 4 point gap.

Thats three points Leeds have just been given by a ridiculous decision. I know everyone likes to think it evens itself out but I think just a simple look at Man United’s position in the league dispels that myth.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wasn't even a foul IMO.

I’m not sure what he was supposed to do. Keeper comes sliding out and wins the ball and goes straight through him. Good old Kevin Friend couldn’t have got the yellow card out quicker though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Oh I completely agree one decision doesn’t define a league season. However a 7 point gap from the bottom three is psychologically huge when compared to a 4 point gap.

Thats three points Leeds have just been given by a ridiculous decision. I know everyone likes to think it evens itself out but I think just a simple look at Man United’s position in the league dispels that myth.

Although the red card was ridiculous, that defending from Wolves for both the 2nd and 3rd goals wasn’t even League Two standard.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Although the red card was ridiculous, that defending from Wolves for both the 2nd and 3rd goals wasn’t even League Two standard.

A fair point. The game seemed to descend into utter chaos after the red card. Wolves were completely in control up to that point. I just find it infuriating how a ref can completely change a game. If it happened to us we’d all be raging so it’s only fair to acknowledge it when it happens elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Yep, you’d have to be pretty special to turn around a seven point deficit at the bottom.  Even more special if you could do it with only 4 games remaining.

• Like 1

Leeds offer far more value to the Premier League than the likes of Burnley and Watford. 

Plus the dogheads losing a 2 goal lead...

star-trek-patrick-stewart.gif

Â