Cheltenham 2022

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah a screw that.  I’ve been to the races two or three times and didn’t enjoy it at all.  
I’d be into doing the whole hospitality thing but suiting up just to stand shoulder to shoulder with thousands of people and not having enough time between races to buy a ridiculously overpriced pint?  Nah. 

the best racing days ive had is where it's been quiet-ish courses.

salisbury is my closest and is a lovely little course, never need to really wait for a pint

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the best racing days ive had is where it's been quiet-ish courses.

salisbury is my closest and is a lovely little course, never need to really wait for a pint

Only time I went was Glorious Goodwood, I won big on the first race, then lost it all on booze and the other races.

7 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Yup.  O'Malley  has managed to eek 50p E/W out of me too.

I have Vauban  just once in a 7 fold for 50p E/W and it's the lowest price I have on any selection today but it's the horse I have the least faith in .  I think a lot of people will be disappointed in that first race .   

maid o malley...not sure she wouldve had enough to place but was going so well until her fall!

Cheers @Brumerican 👍. Your suggestions for today have now put me £28 up for the week. Not a large amount but nice to be up.

If Pink Legend had won just, instead of e/w, I would have been £160 up for the week. Still I’ll happily take the £18.70 off her. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

maid o malley...not sure she wouldve had enough to place but was going so well until her fall!

Even so,  3 of the 4 places were filled by horses who were in the bottom half yesterday  . O'Malley placing would have been sensational but I'm very happy with how the day panned out.

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Cheers @Brumerican 👍. Your suggestions for today have now put me £28 up for the week. Not a large amount but nice to be up.

If Pink Legend had won just, instead of e/w, I would have been £160 up for the week. Still I’ll happily take the £18.70 off her. 

I didn't do much pal but I like others winning as much as myself.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

I didn't do much pal but I like others winning as much as myself.

I’ve just had the last two days off work, so really enjoyed watching the festival and going with your tips/suggestions.  Honestly, really good form from yourself 👏

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I’ve just had the last two days off work, so really enjoyed watching the festival and going with your tips/suggestions.  Honestly, really good form from yourself 👏

I usually have one crap day at least per festival but somehow I avoided it this year and I'm rather chuffed .   I don't have much money but from having £25 Tuesday morning to where I am now is ridiculous .

33% luck 

33% Skill 

33% concentrated power of will

Thanks @Brumerican 👍.

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Gonna buy a kebab in naan bread as a treat  . As daft as it sounds something like that is not usually in my budget

My last tip of the week is to stay away from night racing.

It would be my pleasure to pay for that kebab. With your tips today and a bit of computer programming luck, I was £120 better off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

anyone ever been to cheltenham festival? love a day at the races but theres nothing worse than when you pick a busy day and cant get a pint! looks absolutely rammed and can only imagine what the queues are like for a beer!

Been the last 3 years. It’s **** amazing to be honest

• Like 1