Cheltenham 2022

mikeyp102

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Matched betting still paying off with that 50/1 winner, big win there, but stresssssss.

I did matched betting using oddsmonkey for a while after I gave up work, sadly my mind was all over the place i miss matched one bet and wiped out most of the money I had won. Needless to say I gave up.

42 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I did matched betting using oddsmonkey for a while after I gave up work, sadly my mind was all over the place i miss matched one bet and wiped out most of the money I had won. Needless to say I gave up.

Can happen, it's a bit of a stress but does pay off. I do bits and pieces as I've got a life, but the ones who have time give up full time work.

I dutched that race fully, paid off, but big stress to get everything bang on. @Wainy316

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I dutched that race fully, paid off, but big stress to get everything bang on. @Wainy316

Yep, used to do it regularly but I'm pretty much gubbed across the board now.  I do miss scrambling round at the end totting up all the places on the big races like that and getting nice surprises like extra places and BOG.

Only Paddy Power remains from my original accounts.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, used to do it regularly but I'm pretty much gubbed across the board now.  I do miss scrambling round at the end totting up all the places on the big races like that and getting nice surprises like extra places and BOG.

Only Paddy Power remains from my original accounts.

Yeah the boys who do it regular use friends accounts for a earner. Some have 10 accounts of each, they are the big rollers, they will do close to 10k this week. Takes up alot of time, which I value more than betting.

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah the boys who do it regular use friends accounts for a earner. Some have 10 accounts of each, they are the big rollers, they will do close to 10k this week. Takes up alot of time, which I value more than betting.

I found the free bets dried up to virtually nothing. 10k a week does sound like a lot, I can't imagine how they manage it without some form of automation, even then they're going some.

Just now, bielesibub said:

I found the free bets dried up to virtually nothing. 10k a week does sound like a lot, I can't imagine how they manage it without some form of automation, even then they're going some.

How recently did you do it?  The golden age was about 3-5 years ago (possibly prior to that too), but you did need to branch out from just free bets once you'd built your bank up a bit.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

How recently did you do it?  The golden age was about 3-5 years ago (possibly prior to that too), but you did need to branch out from just free bets once you'd built your bank up a bit.

It was about 3 years ago, shortly after I had to give up work and had mega panic about where money was going to come from. A friend does it now he spends a couple of hours a day for a return of about £200-300 a month. He has a shed load of accounts set up.

22 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

It's Cheltenham this week, so lots of dutching the whole field. They certainly don't usually make that sort of money, but the guys who are full time will have a good week.

Nothing massively overpriced that stands out right now but there's some  decent double figured stuff in the extra place races .

1.30    Not even putting this race in an acca . Bore off.

2.10   Ballayandy 12/1   Tullybeg 20/1   Third Wind 20/1   Kansas City Chief 20/1 Mill Green 28/1    Couer Serein 28/1            Paying 8 places 

2.50   Nah

3.30  Nah

4.10   Spirit Of The Games 11/1  Fancy Foundations 22/1  Slate House 28/1  Chinwag 28/1        Paying 6 places 

4.50  Nurse Susan 16/1    Say Goodbye 22/1  Heia 25/1       (Tweed Skirt , Mayhem Mya and The Player Queen are all over 100/1 and all worth a small stake)   Paying 5 places

5.30  Smoking Gun 14/1  Cat tiger 22/1  Mindsmadeup  33/1   Fakir Dalene  33/1  Chambard 33/1         Paying 5 places  

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

remarkable first race....

got to feel for all the connections of Galopin Des Champs

absolutely romping it and bang

thankfully both jockey and horse are ok

Ruined my day.

Need BallyAndy to get me up and running.