Cheltenham 2022

mikeyp102

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Many thanks for this one too @Brumerican.  Went £2.50 E/W with Paddy Power (6 places).

I have him in with Warlord , Epatante and Maries Rock in a 5p E/W Super Heinz   . Maries Rock winning really helped that one and if Braeside does anything that could be a nice one.

• Like 1

Anyone who’s not already got on at the bookies, Sky are doing £10 cash refunds on losing bets  (finishing at least 5th) in the 13:30 again tomorrow. Paddy Power and Bet365 are both giving a £5 free bet each day, and Ladbrokes are £1.

Sky are also paying 8 places in the Coral Cup, worth an EW bet if there’s a decent longshot @Brumerican?

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Sky are also paying 8 places in the Coral Cup, worth an EW bet if there’s a decent longshot @Brumerican?

Paying 8 places gives a lot of scope so I wouldn't touch anything under 10/1 in this. (Unless in an acca)

Here's  8 with a very good shot at placing .

Indigo Breeze 12/1

Grand Roi 20/1

Ashdale Bob 20/1

Maze Runner 28/1

Fair Frontieres 40/1

Christopher Wood 50/1

Hang in There 66/1

Daly Tiger 66/1 

I'll probably have £1 E/W on the first 4 and 50p E/W on the other 4 then throw all 8 in an E/W double with Thyme White 10/1  , Sky Pirate 10/1 and Poseidon 20/1 in the 4.50 )Paying 6 places)

If you want something less risky for an acca I think Gowel Road 17/2 looks safe to finish top 8  

• Thanks 1

As for the other races tomorrow I think there's some good value amongst these if you're looking for placers rather than winners

1.30  I Am Maximus 14/1

2.10  Farouk Dalene 14/1   Gaillard Du Mesnil 18/1

2.50  (See above but add Garry Clermont 25/1  in the mix)

3.30 Funambule Sivola 33/1  Politilogue 66/1

4.10 Back On The Lash 25/1  Potters Corner 40/1 

4.50 Elixir De Nutz 16/1   Destined To Shine 50/1 (If there's a drop out )

5.30 Our Jester 66/1   Ain't No Sunshine 150/1

Edited by Brumerican
Garry Clermont not Gerry
  • Like 2

Just now, bielesibub said:

Gone with most of @Brumerican suggestions (thanks, I hope)

Hopefully low stake stuff. I'm looking at places and value rather than winners.   I have put my longshots in two different  5p Super Heinz  accas in the hope of maybe one winner and and a couple of places like yesterday .  I'd rather try and turn £12 into £250,000 than put it on a Sir Gerhard & Shiskin double.   

If you bet with notes rather than coins as I do then you are still better off looking at the top end of the field 

20 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Hopefully low stake stuff. I'm looking at places and value rather than winners.   I have put my longshots in two different  5p Super Heinz  accas in the hope of maybe one winner and and a couple of places like yesterday .  I'd rather try and turn £12 into £250,000 than put it on a Sir Gerhard & Shiskin double.   

If you bet with notes rather than coins as I do then you are still better off looking at the top end of the field 

thanks for the tips, I'm a 50p EW kind of chap, so normally have a punt on the long shots.

I will have a "safe" 7 fold on the faves mind as I got a nice return doing that with just 50p E/W yesterday . I think it was 4 wins and 3 places.

May even go a quid E/W but I just can't shake the feeling it's going to be a bad day for favourites especially if your name isn't Sir Gerhard or Shishkin.

The more chaos the better . Shoot for the moon folks.

14 hours ago, Brumerican said:

As for the other races tomorrow I think there's some good value amongst these if you're looking for placers rather than winners

1.30  I Am Maximus 14/1

2.10  Farouk Dalene 14/1   Gaillard Du Mesnil 18/1

2.50  (See above but add Garry Clermont 25/1  in the mix)

3.30 Funambule Sivola 33/1  Politilogue 66/1

4.10 Back On The Lash 25/1  Potters Corner 40/1 

4.50 Elixir De Nutz 16/1   Destined To Shine 50/1 (If there's a drop out )

5.30 Our Jester 66/1   Ain't No Sunshine 150/1

back on the lash is my main bet of the day. i don't get that price at all. i have an each way on plan of attack in the same race who was only 2l behind back on the lash in nov who is 3lb up in the weights from that race

tough day apart from that though. not seeing anything obvious at 2.10 or 2.50

thrown a dart at ocean of mercy at 80/1 in the last

13:30 - I am Maximus 14/1 - £5 cash -  money back if in first 5 places with SkyBet

14:10 - Ahoy Senor 8/1 - Free £5 with Bet365

14:50 - Gowel Road 8/1 - Free £5 with SkyBet

Ahoy & Gowel on a 55p EW double at 44/1 with Coral (randomly found £1.10 in my coral account...)

Good luck with any punts today, team.

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

back on the lash is my main bet of the day. i don't get that price at all. i have an each way on plan of attack in the same race who was only 2l behind back on the lash in nov who is 3lb up in the weights from that race

tough day apart from that though. not seeing anything obvious at 2.10 or 2.50

thrown a dart at ocean of mercy at 80/1 in the last

It's the day for dart throws pal. Especially in those extra place races.

• Like 1

Ah bugger, was trying to decide £2.50 EW on Commander of Fleet or Tronador.  I went for the latter.

Edit: (@fightoffyour) Yeah that should say £2.50 not £25.  I'd be far more gutted (and crazy) if I'd put £25 EW on it.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Paying 8 places gives a lot of scope so I wouldn't touch anything under 10/1 in this. (Unless in an acca)

Here's  8 with a very good shot at placing .

Indigo Breeze 12/1

Grand Roi 20/1

Ashdale Bob 20/1

Maze Runner 28/1

Fair Frontieres 40/1

Christopher Wood 50/1

Hang in There 66/1

Daly Tiger 66/1 

I'll probably have £1 E/W on the first 4 and 50p E/W on the other 4 then throw all 8 in an E/W double with Thyme White 10/1  , Sky Pirate 10/1 and Poseidon 20/1 in the 4.50 )Paying 6 places)

If you want something less risky for an acca I think Gowel Road 17/2 looks safe to finish top 8  

Top tips! Cheers mucker