Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

Considering this guy is linked daily it seems, thought it’s worth it’s own thread. I feel like our pursuit of Phillips has been going on for years…

Collomosse is tier 1 and usually bang on the money when it comes to our transfers.

Strangely, I think we have a better chance of getting him if Leeds aren’t relegated…?

Solid player, would definitely improve us.

Edited by Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Considering this guy is linked daily it seems, thought it’s worth it’s own thread. I feel like our pursuit of Phillips has been going on for years…

Collomosse is tier 1 and usually bang on the money when it comes to our transfers.

Strangely, I think we have a better chance of getting him if Leeds aren’t relegated…?

Solid player, would definitely improve us.

We all know why you've posted. That little pic of Bentancur. You just can't stop thinking about him.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would be a great signing. His injury record is a concern but that could be due to how Bielsa used him. I'm sure he can be managed better. 

Has he had regular injury problems before this current injury?

I still think we signed Nakamba once we couldn't get him and we would have signed Luiz anyway and what a different team we would be if we had done it, he's definitely one for future "one that got away" 

Don't mind the link, would want him still, my only reservation would be what kind of "deal" we would be talking about, I could see North of £50m even if they got relegated, cue the not our money comments but I dunno still, also think a few would be in for him including some surprising ESL teams who would see him as a good squad player, he'd get games at Liverpool for example imo he just would get 50 a season. 

18 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Has he had regular injury problems before this current injury?

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
21/22 Hamstring Injury Dec 5, 2021 - 97 days 15Leeds United
20/21 Calf Injury Feb 9, 2021 Mar 5, 2021 24 days 4Leeds United
20/21 Shoulder Injury Oct 22, 2020 Nov 20, 2020 29 days 3Leeds United

Doesn't look too bad. Although his entire injury history seem to have happened in the last 2 years which might be a sign of something.

Also a distinct possibility that Transfermarkt doesn't have his records from when he was playing lower division football. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Doesn't look too bad. Although his entire injury history seem to have happened in the last 2 years which might be a sign of something.

Also a distinct possibility that Transfermarkt doesn't have his records from when he was playing lower division football. 

Looks like its more bad injury = injury prone

• Like 1

Another in the overhyped midfield department, never seen anything that impressive from him for the price, like Bissouma I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for.

Looked out of his depth at the Euros playing with and against better players. I even seen him get dominated in the Championship 

Edited by Zatman

Think he's more than decent but not great. High energy players often seem more impressive than they actually are imo. Not that I dislike high energy players, far from it.

For the money and salary he'd cost there are tons of other players I'd rather have. Some of them obviously wouldn't be interested in joining Villa.

Phillips got the "used to the league" thing going for him thou which is something.

• Like 2

I hate all the injury prone nonsense that EVERY play has talked about them. If a player gets an injury like a hamstring tear that's unlucky. It's like Ben Mee breaking your leg is now why Gomez is "crocked". 

Phillips has had a hamstring injury this season and a couple of minor ones last season, a shoulder and a calf. Watkins was injured at the start of this season, Buendia too. Minor injuries come with the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another in the overhyped midfield department, never seen anything that impressive from him for the price, like Bissouma I wouldn't pay more than 15 million for.

Looked out of his depth at the Euros playing with and against better players 

You wouldn't sign any players though. You're critical of every player to the level only perfection is acceptable. I think most people would agree a Phillip / Bissouma would improve our midfield

• Like 3

Just now, CVByrne said:

I hate all the injury prone nonsense that EVERY play has talked about them. If a player gets an injury like a hamstring tear that's unlucky. It's like Ben Mee breaking your leg is now why Gomez is "crocked". 

Phillips has had a hamstring injury this season and a couple of minor ones last season, a shoulder and a calf. Watkins was injured at the start of this season, Buendia too. Minor injuries come with the game.

He has missed 22 league games from the last 66 with 3 separate injuries

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

You wouldn't sign any players though. You're critical of every player to the level only perfection is acceptable. I think most people would agree a Phillip / Bissouma would improve our midfield

Wanted Bentancur who is superior to both and cost less 

We don’t need cloggers just because they have English football experience 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Not that minor? He had surgery on the hamstring and there’s was talk about surgery on the shoulder as well because it’s troubled him since last year,m (don’t know if they done it yet)

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Bielsa. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looked out of his depth at the Euros playing with and against better players. I even seen him get dominated in the Championship 

Didn’t he win our player of the tournament in the Euro’s? Or Englands player of the year? (I actually forget what he won exactly!)

I can understand why you’d criticise Phillips and everybody’s opinion is welcome, I just find it odd you’ve chosen his form in an England shirt as a negative. I think he’s been very good for our national team. 

• Like 3

Â