Weekends Football 11/13 March

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From what I've seen my ten pence - his pace isn't good, his ability to run with the ball isn't good... But his movement is proper **** brilliant, he can move enough to lose his man, he can drift in to space and then come alive, he's got the football intelligence to compensate for the lack of legs, watched it a few times and I'm really impressed with it, he can see and get in to space, 1st goal for example 

He can't press obviously, does little off the ball when the opposition has it

Actually did well on that side tonight as well.

It was his best Man Utd (this spell) performance by a mile. 

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ronaldo, proving the doubters yet again, hatrick.

United would be midtable without him.

How did they finish 2nd without him last season? And 3rd the year before?

That said, that was a fantastic hat trick, 1st and 3rd goals were brilliant in different ways.

Guy can't run anymore but he does still have plenty of desire left.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

hard to say though, Rashford has been fairly poor for last season or 2 and Cavani cant string 2 games in a row together. Then Martial or Sancho I couldnt see getting that many goals

He has 18 already for the season

Plan I think before they signed him was just to rotate G***nwood (obviously no one could foresee what could happen there) and Cavani who ended last season very strongly as CF and then Sancho would've had free run on the right and may have hit some decent form before February. 

Fernandes has certainly been much worse since Ronaldo signed with his role and you could see that happening due to how anonymous he was for Portugal in the euros despite having a very good 18 months beforehand at club level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not bad for a statue that can't move anymore. 

Not picking on you at all here, but I find it incredibly amusing that people are trotting out this kind of stuff after Man Utd's 29th game of the season :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not picking on you at all here, but I find it incredibly amusing that people are trotting out this kind of stuff after Man Utd's 29th game of the season :D 

Thats fine, its just a jokey response at people that keep saying he's finished. He's not as good as he was, I think we all agree on that, but he's still a superb player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Thats fine, its just a jokey response at people that keep saying he's finished. He's not as good as he was, I think we all agree on that, but he's still a superb player. 

He's become such an unreal finisher - I guess from Real onwards (which is quite some time).

If you couldn't see any of the players in that game (let's say they're all silhouettes), you'd know it was Ronaldo who scored the third.  Best in the World for those headers IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Caught the last ten minutes of Utd-Spurs. Special day for Ronaldo and wasn't it lovely to see absolutely none of his teammates congratulating him at the end?

haters-gonna-hate-dance.gif

Queueing up to tell him how much they dislike him probably 

61802306-25-EE-4329-A96-D-CF535-C4727-A3

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

From what I've seen my ten pence - his pace isn't good, his ability to run with the ball isn't good... But his movement is proper **** brilliant, he can move enough to lose his man, he can drift in to space and then come alive, he's got the football intelligence to compensate for the lack of legs, watched it a few times and I'm really impressed with it, he can see and get in to space, 1st goal for example 

He can't press obviously, does little off the ball when the opposition has it

So what you’re saying really is

That too. Sometimes we lose games. Say for example 17 - 9... and your man's come off buzzing because he got 6 on a losing team.

Yeah you got 6 mate. You did nothing but knock a few in whilst everyone else was doing your donkey work. Did you hold the ball up? No. Did you track your man? No. Did you run the channels and give an outball. No.

Great stuff. You got 6 goals so everyone else let you down. We will just ignore the fact they had a runner for days and we were constantly 2 on 1 because you don't move shall we.

Sod off.

Â