• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Sanson (Ings 71)
    • Buendía (Coutinho 76)
    • Young (Luiz 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/22 at 00:00

Another good performance. We are looking unstoppable in the final third, unbeatable in our own third. Leeds overran us for a bit in midfield, as they always seem to do, but we weathered the storm.

Cash is looking like the real deal now. Wow.

Chambers...a free transfer? Are you kidding me? Who knew he could place the ball like that, or like he did for the pass last game. Konsa is going to have a hard time winning his place back.

Coutinho is Coutinho, nothing more need be said.

Ings with another good assist...he is much more than a pure striker.

Ramsey looked much better this game.

I have only one negative thing to say...we're really going to regret letting Leeds come back from 3-1 down a few weeks back and that late goal against Watford. We'd have three more points. And we'd be only 6 points out of the top 6 with a game in hand on 2 of the 3 teams in front of us...

• Like 2

We're back in the big time.  A team blessed with internationals (not just any internationals...) and we're now slicing through teams like butter.  A team that has a lovely balance, a management team who are working wonders and owners who will just love to see us romp the league (in time). 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mg2afd87akq2g4e0az

Everybody is now noticing us again for the club we are.  We are ASTON VILLA.

lion-roar-33-4K.jpg

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Great minds. My knee hurt for about 6 months after that celebration. Worth it. 

I nearly passed out, never experienced anything like it before then. Maximum headrush.

Great result, much the better team for every minute bar about 5 straight after half time. Coutinho magic as usual, he definitely suits this position right behind the two up top. But Cash has to be man of the match, just brilliant going forward and backward today, he's turning into an extremely good player. Great goal from Chambers, who was also excellent at the back. Also really positive cameos from Sanson and Buendia too. My only gripe was bringing on Young rather than Iroegbunam, but really not that important. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is all rather satisfactory - cigars all round!

I thought by the end it sounded like we were almost taking pity on them.

it's really promising = we look a balanced, organised side with the quality to score goals.

Leeds don't.

Bench is so stacked. Didn't even need to bring Leon or Bertie on.

• Like 1

Â