Posting a picture

mjmooney

Question

Trying to embed a gif. 

I click the 'Other Media' button, select 'Insert image from URL and paste. Click the 'Insert into post' button - and the screen just goes pink. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

On 09/03/2022 at 11:54, mjmooney said:

Trying to embed a gif. 

I click the 'Other Media' button, select 'Insert image from URL and paste. Click the 'Insert into post' button - and the screen just goes pink. 

Did you get this sorted?

I've just had a similar problem when trying to insert a picture. The box just pinks out and does not accept the format.

What browser are you using?

I am using chrome and after extensive google searching i've done a reset on chrome and thats fixed it for me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, imavillan said:

I am using chrome and after extensive google searching i've done a reset on chrome and thats fixed it for me.

You could have saved all that searching by reading the text in red at the top of this forum :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Trying to embed a gif. 

Please red the text in red at the top of this forumn and supply the requested information. Always start a new thread for a new problem.

• Like 1
On 09/03/2022 at 11:54, mjmooney said:

Trying to embed a gif. 

I get the same. Cannot link to a gif, I just get that pink dialog box with no error message.

And given that the gif embed doesn't work from Gboard it's made it literally impossible to post a gif since the gif button got removed.

15 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I get the same. Cannot link to a gif, I just get that pink dialog box with no error message.

And given that the gif embed doesn't work from Gboard it's made it literally impossible to post a gif since the gif button got removed.

Ok, so, I've sorted out the pink dialog thing - the links that several of the gif sites give you don't link to the image, but to the page, so you have to find the actual image link. That makes sense (albeit annoying)

The Gboard issue I can't find a way around though. It just doesn't work with VillaTalk it seems.