Villa Accounts 21/22

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who did we have on loan at the end of last season that cost us £572k in wages and fees because of the extension to the season?

Blimey - that's more than half a million pounds for an extra three months of Ross Barkley!

Pepe Reina

• Like 1

Who did we have on loan at the end of last season that cost us £572k in wages and fees because of the extension to the season?

Blimey - that's more than half a million pounds for an extra three months of Ross Barkley!

To be honest, I had assumed we were 100k per week, so that half a million is a lot less than I think most of us thought we were paying.

Skimming through, you can't help but realise how lucky we are to have these owners and how well run we are under them.

We're building on very solid foundations.

Hopefully we have some actual new physical foundations around the North Stand in the next couple of years.

19 hours ago, blandy said:

Also of note is that if the Covid losses are excluded, the club basically broke even, which perhaps explains why they (NSWE) took out the overdraft facility for the future, rather than maybe looking to continue funding via buying their own shares.

Yeah I see it as the equity investment period has now ended. Especially given the sale of Grealish there will likely only be minor cashflow problems rather than any need to continually fund losses.

It's quite impressive management of the club finances and a multi year plan. The playing squad value is also healthy 

We should see Commercial and in particular Sponsorship income increase significantly next season. We also see increased revenue from fans returning this year. While if we can finish higher than 11th this season we'll see income rise from that. 

I can see very significant headroom for player investment especially given the saleable player assets we have on our books right now. Grealish income from this season, 5/6 players sold in summer (Targett, Trez, AEG, Davis, Guilbert, Sanson/Luiz). 

The one difficult thing to manage in the coming season will be the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

All looking very positive, and at the same time we are absolutely dwarfed compared to most of the clubs we are looking to catch up to.

We should be achieving higher revenue than West Ham, Leicester etc.. soon. I'd expect us to be Top 8 in terms of Leagues revenue by end of next season

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We should be achieving higher revenue than West Ham, Leicester etc.. soon. I'd expect us to be Top 8 in terms of Leagues revenue by end of next season

Yeah finishing 10th-8th or so should be possible when looking at financial aspects. Obviously actually doing it on the pitch will still be a challenge.

Catching up to the bigger clubs/businesses will be a monumental challenge thou.

Â