Villa Accounts 21/22

Demitri_C

Aston Villa reveal drastically reduced losses as NSWE publish latest accounts

Here's Aston Villa's important financial results for the year ending May 31, 2021

Aston Villa have published their accounts for the financial year ending on May 31, 2021, after a Covid-hit Premier League season.

The club has announced losses of £38million, which is a figure drastically reduced from £100million the year before.

Meanwhile, revenue has increased from £36million to £71million, largely due to higher broadcast income.

Villa's income has increased, despite the impacts of Covid through the 2020/21 campaign due to broadcast revenue increasing, as well as the club's higher league finish of 11th place compared to 17th the previous season.

League position has accounted for around £13million of revenue, while their losses reduced to £38million.

Villa's total losses over the years of £584million is the third highest in Premier League, after Chelsea and Manchester City.

Though, their balance sheet is shored up through big cash share issues to co-owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens.

The club's wage bill has also spiked to £29million, with the average weekly wage around £64,000.

In the 2020/21 season, Villa bought players for £101million and took in sales of £9million.

Clicky

Still making a loss but vastly reduced to previous year. This I don't think includes Grealish money so we should be in profit potentially next window 

• Like 1

What's the wage bill looking like these days?

Obviously in MON days it was 80% + compared to turnover which was causing issues once Lerner didn't want to fund things so much. Of course Grealish was highest paid player at club by a distance but likes of Ings, Bailey and Buendia will be on 100k salaries I reckon as that's what 30m signings demand. Digne aswell who'll likely be double Targett's wages. Guess we'll try to unload one of them in the summer particularly if we want to get Coutinho in full time.

Interesting in how costs from player amortisation dropped from 70m to 56m. That's confusing me a bit. I assume that is due to extending player contracts which then spread remaining amortisation over longer period. But we signed quite a few players too, albeit in the later window so from September. 

Obviously this seasons accounts will have a big profit in relation to Jacks sale and a full season of fans back. 

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's the wage bill looking like these days?

£137,799 (includes social security and pension for all employees). £122 million excluding pension and social security) out of 182,383 million turnover - so 75% or thereabouts.

• Thanks 1

Also of note is that if the Covid losses are excluded, the club basically broke even, which perhaps explains why they (NSWE) took out the overdraft facility for the future, rather than maybe looking to continue funding via buying their own shares.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So our turnover went up by £70 million the season in which there was no match day crowds? Kind of makes our hard earned season tickets look like chicken feed.

yeah i always chuckle when i hear fans say "we pay their wages" when the players play crap. we really dont...sky do.

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah i always chuckle when i hear fans say "we pay their wages" when the players play crap. we really dont...sky do.

Where do Sky get that money?

• Like 2

Who did we have on loan at the end of last season that cost us £572k in wages and fees because of the extension to the season?

Blimey - that's more than half a million pounds for an extra three months of Ross Barkley!

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Skimming through, you can't help but realise how lucky we are to have these owners and how well run we are under them.

We're building on very solid foundations.

Just need to make it count on the pitch soon.

• Like 2

Â