Midweek Football 1/3 March

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lennon still looks quite tricky and quick to be fair. Where was he before this? For some reason I only remember him at Tottenham ( Everton as well maybe? )

On Talyor 🤣

After Everton he was at Burnley, barely played. Then went to Turkey for a year and for some reason came back to Burnley. Surprised he's only 34. I remember seeing him at World Cup 2006!

Noticed Barry Bannan still scoring and assisting for Sheff Wednesday, now in league 1.

Been an odd career with him, played for us 10 years ago, still only 32. Feels like he could have done more than championship with Sheff Weds for most of his career.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Noticed Barry Bannan still scoring and assisting for Sheff Wednesday, now in league 1.

Been an odd career with him, played for us 10 years ago, still only 32. Feels like he could have done more than championship with Sheff Weds for most of his career.

Always thought he was a talented footballer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Harry Winks always been a myth hasn't he?

There are so many of that Spurs lineup that got to the CL final you look at and wonder how the **** they managed it. Lightning in a bottle for a season or two from some very average players.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

There are so many of that Spurs lineup that got to the CL final you look at and wonder how the **** they managed it. Lightning in a bottle for a season or two from some very average players.

Spine was incredibly strong back then still. Toby-Vertonghen-Trippier- Eriksen although the CBs were getting past their best.

Significantly better than what they have now although Kane and Son will always get them out of poor form if you give them space and chances. Boro nulified them pretty comfortably tonight with their 3-5-2.

58 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I was just looking at our pathetic cup record (bar 2010 and 2015) in recent years. I think the last time we beat a top flight team away from home in the FA cup  (excluding Liverpool at Wembley as that is a neutral venue) is Everton in 2000. 22 years. 

We have won 1 cup game since 2015

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spine was incredibly strong back then still. Toby-Vertonghen-Trippier- Eriksen although the CBs were getting past their best.

Significantly better than what they have now although Kane and Son will always get them out of poor form if you give them space and chances. Boro nulified them pretty comfortably tonight with their 3-5-2.

Spurs have pretty much gone downhill since Dembele left. They lost 20 games the season he left 

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I can't spell Alderwiereld confidently either. 

• Haha 3

Â