Pre match thread.

mottaloo

On 03/03/2022 at 10:54, Wainy316 said:

I'd call these our bogey team but it feels like almost everyone is apart from Everton.

If you lose the ball as much as we do and not great in retrieving it..... its understandable to be fearful.

really cannot see us winning this one. aside from last season behind closed doors our recent record against them is appalling plus they're flying at the moment

take a draw now if it was offered

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

3 games in 8 days...surely that means a certain degree of rotation?

That's a good point and it'll be interesting to see if it affects selection. For me, I think this is the toughest of the three games and I'd go strong for this one.

I predicted the win against Brighton and again I'm going for a Villa win.

We need to win back-to-back games to have any hope of top ten and we have a game in hand on Southampton.

I like Saints, and Ralph Hasenhüttl as they are a good team who will no doubt cause us some problems. Two pretty evenly-matched teams but I would hope the difference might be Coutinho, we need him tomorrow to be the difference.

3-2 Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's a good point and it'll be interesting to see if it affects selection. For me, I think this is the toughest of the three games and I'd go strong for this one.

Absolutely - a week since our last game as well so all should be fresh. 

I understand Ings starting since it’s against his former club but he just hasn’t worked of late in my opinion.

I wish we had someone to compete w/ Luis for that midfield job because he’s been lacking/poor for me lately.  I amost want Ashley Young to take his spot.

if we could blend Ramsey and McGinn it would be fantastic.  Ramsey needs McGinn’s tenacity to go w/ his beautiful football talent and speed.  I like them both on, but when does Bailey get a game?

who is better to partner Ming’s at back, Chambers Konsa or House? and is Digne really that good?

Coutihno rates higher for me when Buendia is on the pitch, otherwise I don’t notice him.

Sansone for Luiz?  We need someone for Luiz.

Edited by 3_Penny_Opera

Was trying to watch the press conference for this, which normally isn't a problem with my subscription but looks like it now says its for Villa TV+ members only. Ridiculous. Was fine last week. Anyone else experience this?

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

Was trying to watch the press conference for this, which normally isn't a problem with my subscription but looks like it now says its for Villa TV+ members only. Ridiculous. Was fine last week. Anyone else experience this?

I’ve just watched it and I don’t have TV+

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I’ve just watched it and I don’t have TV+

Panic over. It allows me to watch it now. Must be embargoed for Villa TV+ as priority then allow it to other members later on.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we'll put out similar 11s for tomorrow and Leeds (hopefully with Sanson in there). 

Would expect changes for West Ham so think we'll see some surprising inclusions e.g. perhaps Carney will get a start if he's fit then and reckon we'll see Bailey also start.

They've got Sevilla away on the Thursday so that will take a bit out of them and they'll go full strength so no excuses for us to plead fatigue as we did at Newcastle after the Leeds midweek game.

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Might scrape a draw. Will have to score at least 2 to do that as I’m sure Shane Long will score, as will Ward-Prowse with his customary 40 yard free kick against us.

fortunately i think he's injured

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

What did he say?

In a nutshell, he said Carney isn’t in the squad but could make Leeds, Traore back training and that our owners are very ambitious. Oh and that he’ll have a think about the set piece coach requirement at the end of the season. Also that he wants us to get back to being hard to beat at home. 

• Thanks 2