Pre match thread.

mottaloo

Covid again! That's a right bugger, hope they don't get any long term effects, will mean they'll not be 100% for a while you'd think.

Look like 4-3-1-2 then again, Buendia, Baily and Troare all on the bench. Lots of options to change things, wonder if we've been working on a 4-2-3-1 at all, would seem to suit the attacking players we have even if it would mean a lot of work for the 2. A three of Buendia, countinho and one of Bailey or Traore is tasty as fudge.

What a **** stupid decision it was to let Targett go on loan, strengthening a team that look like they might finish above us, and leaving us with old man Young as our next best option

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Gave away a silly free kick against Newcastle which led to the goal. Can't be doing the same again today as JWP is even more deadly than Trippier from that range. 

I agree he can’t be doing that today, but are we only allowing our players one mistake now before consigning them to the scrap heap? Even for Villa fans that’s a bit harsh in my view.

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Do we look more solid with Young?

Dunno, mate. I don't think there is a body of evidence since Digne joined to suggest either way, particularly with the way our fullbacks have been playing. That's why I found it a strange assertion.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Dunno, mate. I don't think there is a body of evidence since Digne joined to suggest either way, particularly with the way our fullbacks have been playing. That's why I found it a strange assertion.

No worries, my original post was that we look much more solid with Digne and Konsa than Young and Chambers, just my opinion. I like Ashley Young as a squad option but I’m thinking back to the Watford game when he came on for Cash and they then got in down his side 4 or 5 times in half an hour. Hopefully we can block off passing lanes in the midfield today and protect the defence a bit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

I agree he can’t be doing that today, but are we only allowing our players one mistake now before consigning them to the scrap heap? Even for Villa fans that’s a bit harsh in my view.

Think he's an ok squad/utility player but he's now started 3 of the last 4 which is a concern in itself for someone who hasn't played much in the last couple of years.

I'm not consigning him to the scrap heap but he really needs to show more than he has been doing. But with Konsa out he's probably the next best option we have.

Loaning out Targett is looking bloody stupid too. He's not great but would would have been better to bring in than Young you'd think.

• Like 1