The next manager of Aston Villa

messi11

1 win in 8 games is relegation form.  1 point against Watford, Brentford, Leeds and Newcastle. 

This isn't good enough for Aston Villa Football club! 
How long should Gerrard get?
Who should the new manager be?

• Haha 1

Brighton, Saints and Leeds up next and then we have a very tough run. Them fixtures in themselves aren't easy either, we just had our easy run and lost to two relegation teams.

If he doesn't win one of them I think he's in big trouble. We are promising a big budget in the summer but before we get a new squad in to suit his style I think he needs to show a bit more that he should be the one who gets to spend that money.

21 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Embarrassing 

21 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Embarrassing post

So say we lose the next 2 games then what, will it still be embarrassing ? 
We aren't allowed to start thread like this because its Stevie G King of Liverpool? But we can start threads like this when Dean Smith loses 5 in a row (And a lot of those games we played a lot better then we did in the last 5 under Gerrard)

I mean, there's no point in the conversation but the names should be the same profile that should have followed Smith:

Favre, Setien, Fonseca (would include van Bronkhorst here if he hadn't succeeded Gerrard) 

A cheap option who I'm convinced would do exceptionally well:

Steve Cooper

Edited by Dale

I don't think we are at the point of sacking the manager just yet, but it can't continue indefinitely. I don't buy into the view that we don't have poor players. They are definitely good enough to finish mid table and beat the likes of Newcastle, Leeds and Watford. The bad performances lay at the door of the manager, in my opinion. He needs to start being more flexible with his system if we are going to have any joy.