Weekends Football 18/20 February

andykeenan

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Disgusting by the physio, I think the PL need to look at this concussion subbing a little closer. He should never have carried on, was as good as dangerous to let him. They should also never ask the player if he is okay and make the decision themselves.

The weird thing was that Leeds didn't declare him as a concussion sub, when they replaced him they used one of their three regular changes.

Now I don't know much about concussion, but you'd think they'd have taken the opportunity for a free sub at that point so that they'd still have had three left - I wonder if they were making the point that he wasn't concussed as a way to protect themselves from any criticism, or if it's one of those Bielsa honesty weirdnesses - still seems strange that they wouldn't take advantage of the rule.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The weird thing was that Leeds didn't declare him as a concussion sub, when they replaced him they used one of their three regular changes.

Now I don't know much about concussion, but you'd think they'd have taken the opportunity for a free sub at that point so that they'd still have had three left - I wonder if they were making the point that he wasn't concussed as a way to protect themselves from any criticism, or if it's one of those Bielsa honesty weirdnesses - still seems strange that they wouldn't take advantage of the rule.

I wonder if the reason was that they didn't want to give Man United the benefit of an extra sub. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder if the reason was that they didn't want to give Man United the benefit of an extra sub. 

Is that how it works? If you make a concussion sub the opposition also gets to make an extra substitution?

I did not know this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah, I guess it helps prevent teams faking concussions to get extra subs. 

Which to me seems rather ludicrous that a forced sub to protect a player with a head injury can give the other team a tactical benefit, but it's also kind of needed to protect against teams cheating to get an extra sub due to a "concussion".

Another problem which goes away if the sub is ordered by an independent doctor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Which to me seems rather ludicrous that a forced sub to protect a player with a head injury can give the other team a tactical benefit, but it's also kind of needed to protect against teams cheating to get an extra sub due to a "concussion".

Another problem which goes away if the sub is ordered by an independent doctor.

I think it would be a pretty brave independent doctor who would overrule a player and make him play on because he thought he might be faking to gain a sub.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think it would be a pretty brave independent doctor who would overrule a player and make him play on because he thought he might be faking to gain a sub.

A player faking concussion to a qualified Dr to try and blag getting himself subbed off? 

I know football is in the gutter but I don't think it's there

Â