2022-23 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

8 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

He's far younger and in better nick than Manning was and he's 11 years younger than Brady .

33 isn't that old . Fitzmagic was still winning games at 38 and he's nowhere near Wilson's level.

It's not necessarily old but it can be depending on the individual. That's why I asked. I don't know whether we're getting a banged up veteran at this stage. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

He dropped off a cliff this year, even when he was healthy. It’s an amazing deal for us. 

Does the fact that your D is a a shadow of it's former self have anything to do with that ?  Having no Carson could have been a factor too.

If you give Russ a top D like Denver he'll be be back to his old self no worries.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

All this for a 33 year old. Does he really have that much left in the tank? Seems like we're gambling a lot. I guess it fixes the QB slot short term which was the biggest problem. Might be enough to be relevant again.

I'll take this gamble over the last 6 years of feeble attempts. It's been pretty rough. And frankly, taking someone else's QB and win shit is kinda our speciality :D

• Haha 1

Denver still have a lot valuable picks left which really surprised me . They can still load up on good trench players due to how deep the draft is on OL and DL this year.

Just an example simulation FWIW.

64: R2 P32 OT Abraham Lucas - Washington St
75: R3 P11 LB Chad Muma - Wyoming
96: R3 P32 TE Jeremy Ruckert - Ohio State
114: R4 P10 RB Brian Robinson Jr. - Alabama
145: R5 P2 C Dohnovan West - Arizona State
152: R5 P9 DL John Ridgeway - Arkansas
205: R6 P27 EDGE Tyree Johnson - Texas A&M
240: R7 P21 CB Damarri Mathis - Pittsburgh
248: R7 P29 QB Brock Purdy - Iowa State

I actually thought it would cost more.
Now we just have to wait and see if Russ finds his feet and if the Hawks manages to draft well. Better QBs available next draft if the tank is on

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Denver still have a lot valuable picks left

The Von trade was the very definition of a win win trade. We got 2 and 3 for an expiring 2 month contract. Rams got a SuperBowl

Just now, Tegis said:

The Von trade was the very definition of a win win trade. We got 2 and 3 for an expiring 2 month contract. Rams got a SuperBowl

Be even funnier if he comes back now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tegis said:

I actually thought it would cost more.

If Wilson gets you to the playoff's the value of Seattle's new picks just gets worse and worse. 

The good news for Seattle is that their own 1st round pick next year is  probably going to be high.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The weirdest thing about it is they've done it at a time where he'll be the 3rd best QB in the division

In a division where there are no bad QB's  that  doesn't mean all that much , especially when Denver has the best Defense.

The "declining" Wilson has had a QBR of over 100 for the last FOUR  seasons in a row . That's something Carr has only done twice in his whole career and something Herbert is still yet to do once.

Â